New York Jets

gueman

I like the idea, but I think there are a few things you can do to improve. First, the nameplate would be in all capital if this was a real NFL jersey. Secondly, under the collar on the road jersey you have the logo, but on the home you have the logo off to the right. Personaly, I would use the space under the collar to show off the wordmark instead of doing it as the number font. Finally, I like the idea you did with the sleeves, but I think that if the wide part was on top it would look better; the other way, when it was actually on a player it would look awkward. I know you put it that way to resemble the stripes coming from the jet on the logo, but I don't think you lose anything if you invert it. Also, the TV numbers may look better on the sleeves if you make that change.

As I said, it looks really good. But a few changes and I think you can make it great.

I like the idea, but I think there are a few things you can do to improve. First, the nameplate would be in all capital if this was a real NFL jersey. Secondly, under the collar on the road jersey you have the logo, but on the home you have the logo off to the right. Personaly, I would use the space under the collar to show off the wordmark instead of doing it as the number font. Finally, I like the idea you did with the sleeves, but I think that if the wide part was on top it would look better; the other way, when it was actually on a player it would look awkward. I know you put it that way to resemble the stripes coming from the jet on the logo, but I don't think you lose anything if you invert it. Also, the TV numbers may look better on the sleeves if you make that change.

As I said, it looks really good. But a few changes and I think you can make it great.

The Jet placement is an error on my part, it should be to the side on both. I didn't even notice it until later in the day. A lot of the things you mention were conscious decisions. I don't like to put the TV numbers on the sleeves because sleeves are disappearing. I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL mandate TV numbers on the shoulder. Actually I think a neat position would be on the side panel about half way down the jersey. I know the UCLA insert in inverted, but I didn't want to mimic the current Jets look, and I wanted to keep it consistent with the pant stripe too. As for the name plate there too I wanted to keep consistent, and all caps in that font wouldn't work in that font so I compromised. But that being said I will work with the suggestions presented here...all two of them :D .

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

As a 40 year Jets fan I can confidently state to you that if the Jets ever introduced these uniforms, the fans would burn Woody Johnson at the stake! Not to take anything away from your creative flair - but the NY Jets uniform and logo are sooooooooo good...that I haven't ever seen anything that would/could force the organizations hand to make any kind of a significant change or revision to the design.

I don't like the font or the lowercase nameplate. Being a little more traditional in that sense couldn't hurt. I love the helmet idea however. Can I suggest flipping the sleeve stripes around so that the wider part is on top? It seems that it would work better IMO, because right now most of the stripe would be hidden by the armpit. Overall: Awesome.

Not to take anything away from your creative flair - but the NY Jets uniform and logo are sooooooooo good.

The uniforms are fine, but the logo is awful.

As I said in another post, the only good thing about the Jets logo is tradition. The logo is way too damn cluttered. Hardly one of the best in the NFL -- in fact, one of the worst if not THE worst.

But the key is what you said: Jets fans wouldn't put up with a new logo. If the fans like it, if they identify with it, then that's all that counts.

Not to take anything away from your creative flair - but the NY Jets uniform and logo are sooooooooo good.

The uniforms are fine, but the logo is awful.

As I said in another post, the only good thing about the Jets logo is tradition. The logo is way too damn cluttered. Hardly one of the best in the NFL -- in fact, one of the worst if not THE worst.

But the key is what you said: Jets fans wouldn't put up with a new logo. If the fans like it, if they identify with it, then that's all that counts.

As a Jets fan I was thrilled when they brought back the "Namath" unis and logo. Yes, the design is cluttered but we really haven't had much to get excited about since the "Sack Exchange"!

Archived