changing the sabres

bipolarbear

It's not a rumor...the Sabres will have new uniforms and a new primary logo next season.

We may not see them until the following season with this delay Reebok and the NHL have had.

I happen to think that retiring the current Red/Black with the "Angry Goat Head" after winning the Cup, should they accomplish the feat, is the proper way to send the old combination out in style.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I just wish the Oilers would go back to the Gretzky-Messier era unis, their current super-dark navy blue looks black on TV and the red and bronze stripes blend together to create a salmon color, a really awful solor scheme.

The navy blue only looks like black and the copper & red only bleed together on American hockey broadcasts. Producers have a tendancy to drop the saturation and increase the contrast on American hockey broadcasts in efforts to make the puck more visible to the casual viewer. Canadian hockey broadcasts tend to have more colour vibrancy in them and they don't have to increase contrast because not that many people have trouble following the puck. I've never watched a hockey broadcast produced in Canada where I've thought that the navy blue looked black. But then, I have a really good tv.

Didn't the NY Jets change there jerseys after they won?

The Jets won the Super Bowl after the 1968 season (January 1969) but didn't change uniforms to the simplified green helmet design until 1978 - I think 10 years is too far removed from the championship to fit the catagory.

I just wish the Oilers would go back to the Gretzky-Messier era unis, their current super-dark navy blue looks black on TV and the red and bronze stripes blend together to create a salmon color, a really awful solor scheme.

The navy blue only looks like black and the copper & red only bleed together on American hockey broadcasts. Producers have a tendancy to drop the saturation and increase the contrast on American hockey broadcasts in efforts to make the puck more visible to the casual viewer. Canadian hockey broadcasts tend to have more colour vibrancy in them and they don't have to increase contrast because not that many people have trouble following the puck. I've never watched a hockey broadcast produced in Canada where I've thought that the navy blue looked black. But then, I have a really good tv.

I think the navy, copper and red works pretty well. Upgrading royal to navy works very well for them. But if they kept orange in their scheme they might look too much like the Islanders.

Now if they would just bring back the jersey that had the template of the royal and orange jerseys, but with the new colours. That was 40x better than the alt they have now.

I think every team in the conference finals needs a uniform overhaul, and at least 2 are likely gonna get one next year. I just wish the Oilers would go back to the Gretzky-Messier era unis, their current super-dark navy blue looks black on TV and the red and bronze stripes blend together to create a salmon color, a really awful solor scheme. And the shoulder logo is way too complicated to distinguish as well....anyway getting back to the topic of the Sabres, yeah they could use one too, black and red is so overused today and their classic blue and yellow is a much more trademark look.

:D What he said.

I'm trying to remember; was the 1987 championship season for the Twins the first in their redesigned unis?

^_^ You are correct Sir. And, they won another in 1991, virtually assuring that the Twinkies will keep that basic set for the foreseeable future.

I called into WGR, and talked about this on the radio.

We talked about how soemthing like this is "so buffalo" - the year we go to change, we may go all the way.

However, I am all for the change. There is way too much red and black in the league, and going to blue and gold would be great.

From what I understand, it wont be the EXACT old logo, but we'll see how it turns out...

So that is why the lines on the ice rink appear to be brighter and clearer on Canadian rinks. That was something that always bothered me and I could never figure out why.

Archived