changing the sabres

bipolarbear

if the buffalo sabres continue their run through the playoffs, they can't possibly change their look (like it has been rumored off and on this past year). i think it would be an awful idea, and they look sharp as it is now.

go sabres and oilers!

teams that changed immediately after winning a championship:

NHL

Stars

Penguins

NFL

Rams

49ers?

im not sure on the 49ers, i know they wore their 'throwback sets' that year which became the basis of their new uniforms.

rams is pretty obvious. Penguins the following season went with their diagonal 'pittsburgh' on the black uniform and they went with the tri-pen on the white uniform. The stars retired their black jersey and replaced it with the third during the playoffs, the following season they made a white version of it which became their primary uniforms.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I also believe, though I'm not positive, that the Houston Rockets changed their duds in between their championships in 1994 and 1995.

Actually, they changed them the season after they won their back-to-back championships; they won the 93-94 and 94-95 championships and redesigned for 95-96.

Save the slugalo.

NHL

Stars

Penguins

NFL

Rams

49ers?

im not sure on the 49ers, i know they wore their 'throwback sets' that year which became the basis of their new uniforms.

rams is pretty obvious. Penguins the following season went with their diagonal 'pittsburgh' on the black uniform and they went with the tri-pen on the white uniform. The stars retired their black jersey and replaced it with the third during the playoffs, the following season they made a white version of it which became their primary uniforms.

Toronto Blue Jays! How could you forget about them?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

NHL

Stars

Penguins

NFL

Rams

49ers?

rams is pretty obvious.  Penguins the following season went with their diagonal 'pittsburgh' on the black uniform and they went with the tri-pen on the white uniform.  The stars retired their black jersey and replaced it with the third during the playoffs, the following season they made a white version of it which became their primary uniforms.

Other than getting rid of the white panel on their cap and adding the blue alt, they didn't change the next year. The big overhaul came a few years later, in '97.

NHL

Stars

Penguins

NFL

Rams

49ers?

rams is pretty obvious.  Penguins the following season went with their diagonal 'pittsburgh' on the black uniform and they went with the tri-pen on the white uniform.  The stars retired their black jersey and replaced it with the third during the playoffs, the following season they made a white version of it which became their primary uniforms.

Other than getting rid of the white panel on their cap and adding the blue alt, they didn't change the next year. The big overhaul came a few years later, in '97.

And added a blue Alt. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think every team in the conference finals needs a uniform overhaul, and at least 2 are likely gonna get one next year. I just wish the Oilers would go back to the Gretzky-Messier era unis, their current super-dark navy blue looks black on TV and the red and bronze stripes blend together to create a salmon color, a really awful solor scheme. And the shoulder logo is way too complicated to distinguish as well....anyway getting back to the topic of the Sabres, yeah they could use one too, black and red is so overused today and their classic blue and yellow is a much more trademark look.

NHL

Stars

Penguins

NFL

Rams

49ers?

And added a blue Alt. ^_^

Yeah don't know how I forgot that one. :D

'98-'99 Stars, '91-'92 Penguins, '99 Rams, '94 49ers, '94-'95 Rockets

All five won championships.

All five went to fancier, "modern/modernized" uniforms the next year.

None of them won again the next year.

Also, Syracuse changed its basketball uniforms for the 2003/2004 season. They didn't repeat either.

If the Sabres had changed this year, however, they would surely have been guaranteed the Cup. A few teams that won championships in their first year of redesigned uniforms (and I may be wrong about some):

1996 Colorado Avalanche/Quebec Nordiques

1997 Denver Broncos

2001 Arizona Diamondbacks

2002 Anaheim Angels

2003 Florida Marlins

Was the red alt new in 2004 for the Red Sox? That might qualify.

Teams that came close:

1999 Tennessee Titans lost the Super Bowl

2000 Giants lost the Super Bowl

2000 Stars lost the Stanley Cup Finals

2001 Rams lost the Super Bowl

I'm sure there are many more

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wasn't that the year that the Patriots won the Super Bowl in their current (new) duds?

Patriots and Rams both had new uniform designs in 2000. They met in the SB following the 2001 season.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wasn't that the year that the Patriots won the Super Bowl in their current (new) duds?

Patriots and Rams both had new uniform designs in 2000. They met in the SB following the 2001 season.

You're absolutely right. I'm wrong.

Did the 2000 Rams even make the playoffs? I seem to remember them losing in the Wild Card round to the New Orleans Saints, but that seems to absurd to have been true.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived