Saw this in my paper today

CaolinaJoe

pmlb21477314dt6qw.jpg

Just thought it was funny. Don't ever remember the before and afters of Giambi, like you always see for Barry.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

pmlb21477314dt6qw.jpg

Just thought it was funny. Don't ever remember the before and afters of Giambi, like you always see for Barry.

Wow, very unexpected. I never would have guessed that was Jason Giambi if the card had not said anything.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Wow... makes Barry's transformation seem like nothing.

He was a bulkier than that when he broke into the majors in 1995. Buggerd if I can find a pic of him in 1995 on the Internet though...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

This is a scan of a card that I actually own and was amazed to find in my collection a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if it's worth anything, it probably isn't anymore, but this is Giambi as a member of the Modesto A's in either 92 or 93. He's not exactly huge, and they have him as a third baseman.

giambi5ay.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived