WHA Stanley Cup

SHaMROCK

For the first time ever it will be an all WHA Stanley Cup Final!

The Alberta Oilers will meet the New England Whalers in a best of seven series to determine the 2006 Stanley Cup Champions.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Close.........

But alas...........

No.

I mean, I dont want to burst the bubble, but um....yea....New England moved to Carolina a few years back. Im not sure if you noticed or not. :(

If the ywere still Hartfod/NE, then by all means yes. But, since they moved, id hardly consider this a WHA series.

Plus, as much as they may play Brass Bonanza, they're supposed to be a "new team" like the Ravens. They don't own the rights to the Whalers stuff, they've unretired the retired Hartford numbers, all that stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Close.........

But alas...........

No.

I mean, I dont want to burst the bubble, but um....yea....New England moved to Carolina a few years back. Im not sure if you noticed or not. :(

If the ywere still Hartfod/NE, then by all means yes. But, since they moved, id hardly consider this a WHA series.

that is a dumb argument considering the Hurricanes have all of the Whalers records just like the Titans have all of the Houston Oilers. They are the same franchise.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Umm, just because a franchise moves and changes it's name does not make it a different franchise. THe Carolina Hurricanes have the same roots and history as the New England/Hartford Whalers!

So...

Alas...

YES!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

The Alberta Oilers will meet the New England Whalers in a best of seven series to determine the 2006 Stanley Cup Champions.

Shouldn't they be playing for the AVCO Cup then if they're both WHA teams? ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Considering the Oilers are the only WHA team still in its original city, this is as close as it gets to an all WHA final. Besides, I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Whalers are still around, they just play on the South Side of Connecticut and they got new uniforms. Plus, Glen Wesley is on the Canes and he has played for them since they were the Whalers, at least there is still one connection to the Greatest Hockey Team never to be any good. Also, they did not unretire the uniform numbers of the Whalers, Gordie Howe's number is still retired it just doesn't hang from the rafters. Steve Chiasson's number 3 is also unofficially retired and he played for both teams. Ron Francis, the greatest Whaler ever, also has his number retired by the Hurricanes despite putting up his best numbers with the Whalers and only spending 5 seasons with the actual Hurricanes. The only two who were unretired were Rick Ley and John MacKenzie.

YAY! The WHA will rule the hockey world! Go 'Canes, *ahem* I mean Whalers! :hockeysmiley:

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Here's to the Jets/Coyotes franchise being the only one left not to win a Stanley Cup--although they won Avco Cup a lot.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Here's to the Jets/Coyotes franchise being the only one left not to win a Stanley Cup--although they won Avco Cup a lot.

yeah the jets got screwed during the nhl merger. They were only allowed to keep 2 playes and 2 goalies form their great team.

yeah the jets got screwed during the nhl merger. They were only allowed to keep 2 playes and 2 goalies form their great team.

Yeah, if they would've kept Selanne and some of their other guys, they would've won the Cup in just two or three more years in my opinion. All they needed was a few more men to make them a powerhouse.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Yeah, if they would've kept Selanne and some of their other guys, they would've won the Cup in just two or three more years in my opinion. All they needed was a few more men to make them a powerhouse.

He's talking about 1979

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, Carolina/Hartford has not won the Cup, yet.

Well, here's to that happening!

(You see my post was meant as saying-"Here's to them winning")

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived