my website is finally live!

gordie_delini

I like the site. Just a few things though (mainly because I'm nitpicky).

1. The resume's font should be a little bigger

2. In your portfolio, make the slideshow navigatable. Perhaps a next image button so people don't have to wait for each slideshow to play itself out to view it all

3. Make you email address clickable or copyable, so a person doesn't have to go from browser to email program and back again t o double check.

Aside from that, it looks nice.

all things i agree with you about - all things i don't know how to do yet! i have those things in mind however to do eventually. for now, this is what i'm able to do, but it's at least got my portfolio in there, so its better than nothing, or "this page parked free courtesy of godaddy.com!" :P

OD_Signature.jpg

all things i agree with you about - all things i don't know how to do yet! i have those things in mind however to do eventually. for now, this is what i'm able to do, but it's at least got my portfolio in there, so its better than nothing, or "this page parked free courtesy of godaddy.com!" :P

Wow...nice to see who got that "MD Masonry" job. I submitted a ton of proposals for that guy for everything he wanted and then as soon as I sent him my final, I never heard from him again. Hope you had luck with the guy.

In any case, I like the site, except your navigation on the right is showing up in blue boxes and the white text is hard to make out. I don't know if that's my browser's fault (I'm using IE 6.0), but changing that to green - if it's not already - would like better, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good but...

Just display the information. Fade it all in at once. Or shorten the time for each paragraph to fade in. You don't need to let the user finish reading one part before you move on to the next.

Studies show you have less than a second to make a good impression to a web user. The same thing (somewhat) extends to the rest of the site. Make it work quick or the only people that will be interested are fellow designers, and chances are they aren't looking for work to be done.

The text should be grey like in your logo.

definatly center it.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, maybe I got soured by another business that mad themselves seem larger than they actually were, but I don't like making yourself look bigger on the web. This isn't just you so don't take it like that cause there are plenty of people here and everywhere that do this. Words like "us" and "we" are just decieving to the user. You aren't a group. You are one person. Be proud that you are the one that did the work. The only thing that can come of that will be bad. Someone will find out you are just one man and they are going to feel decieved. Say what you are, the only business that is going to be turned away is large corporations who already have firms on retainers anyway.

Really the only place I remember seeing this was on your contact section. Instead of "Visit Us", "Write Us", "Phone Us", and "Email Us", just put "Visit, Write, Phone, Email"

Otherwise, good work. Copy is fairily strong, nice navigation, good identity. I'd like to see more than logos on the site however.

UPDATE --

MAJOR revisions made to the website - all images and graphics should be clearly working in Internet Explorer (a problem due to using .png files with a transparent background, which again was fixed).

Please note: I made the "home" link on each page link to www.infinitusdesign.com/home.html - if you click on this, it will not go there. I have to upload this page to my web server's FTP and it will not allow me to add this page. Along the same lines, there are two new portfolio identities to look at in the portfolio section- these will not open for the same reason as the "home" link. I hope to have this resolved on Monday (June 26).

All of the flash has been reworked to be much faster to load and the text is larger and appears much more quickly.

Portfolio sections have been revised to not be static slideshows, but navigatable! Anyways, thanks guys for your previous c&c, and I look forward to hearing more!

OD_Signature.jpg

I love the branding of the site...

Only technical issue since you use alot of Flash..

It doesnt appear as though you address the Windows IE Update / Flash conflict issue.

So for me visiting your site in IE, everytime there is a Flash Component I get the little tooltip that says "Click Here To Activate"

Not your fault... its a legal thing with Microsoft, unfortunately... us users have to suffer.

if you wanted to learn how to fix it... check out SWFObject

http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

I love the branding of the site...

Only technical issue since you use alot of Flash..

It doesnt appear as though you address the Windows IE Update / Flash conflict issue.

So for me visiting your site in IE, everytime there is a Flash Component I get the little tooltip that says "Click Here To Activate"

Not your fault... its a legal thing with Microsoft, unfortunately... us users have to suffer.

if you wanted to learn how to fix it... check out SWFObject

http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

Thanks for that - it seems to be a simple fix, and I'll look into making that change

OD_Signature.jpg

I don't like that I click "enter" on the main page and it opens a new window. That's annoying.

Also, in IE at work, this is incredible slow. I don't know if that's your fault, but I wanted you to know.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't like that I click "enter" on the main page and it opens a new window. That's annoying.

Also, in IE at work, this is incredible slow. I don't know if that's your fault, but I wanted you to know.

It doesnt open in a separate window for me. Anyways, it looksmuch better IMO.

oBIgzrL.png

I don't like that I click "enter" on the main page and it opens a new window.  That's annoying. 

Also, in IE at work, this is incredible slow.  I don't know if that's your fault, but I wanted you to know.

It doesnt open in a separate window for me. Anyways, it looksmuch better IMO.

yeah i fixed the window pop up when you click enter, and thanks :)

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived