Cubs place Wood on DL

brinkeguthrie

I remember someone predicting this a couple weeks ago. Wood feels "a little soreness" so they skip him in the rotation, next thing you know he's on the DL, soon thereafter he's under the knife...why would this time be any different. Sucks for the Cubbies. They could have dealt his ass.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't even care that the Cubs would have to pay him the remainder of his salary for this year, which I think is about $12 million for this year alone, if they just outright released him. I know they have an option year for him next year as well.

To have him in your starting rotation, absolutely kills your bullpen. Also, here in the Chicago area, people have wondered if he would be good as the closer or in the bullpen. This could not be a worse idea. He could only last 3 2/3 innings the other night on his 8th day of rest. I don't necessarily see him having the ability to come out of the bullpen every day.

I do not see Kerry Wood pitching this year again for the Cubs. I also do not mind if he throws another pitch for the Cubs. He has become too much of a liability.

He claims he isn't hurt. If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me if the Cubs are just trying to screw him by disabling him, thus bringing down his free agent value.

He's pretty useless anyways. Carlos Marmol looked better than Wood would have today. He isn't a great loss.

Dope is uncalled for. Can you fault him for trying to adjust to the traditional Cubs media machine? Remember? It goes like this.

Wood is just a little sore but he'll be okay.

Wood is sore, so we're gonna push his start back a day.

Wood is a little worse than we thought, he'll miss his start.

We're not sure what's wrong! We'll have to push his next start back.

We're gonna play it safe and cancel this start too.

Kerry Wood is going to go on the 15-day DL.

We're gonna keep Kerry on the DL a little longer.

By then, we're mathematically eliminated

Dude is like Nostradamus! Just heard on ESPN Radio's GameNight program that Woody might just be shut down for the season. Considering how Cubs manager Dusty Baker consistently abuses his starting pitchers by having them actually pitch, it's no surprise that Kerry Wood is again on the DL.

Further, Mark Prior, another victim of Baker's abuse, has been on the DL since the beginning of the season.

It's funny that Dusty Baker supposedly abuses Wood and Prior, yet Zambrano and Maddux are fine.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived