2006 Dallas Mavericks watching party

ericcartman19

I remember in 2001 they shut down the street outside of the now Chase Field and had their own viewing party outside the stadium even though the game was going on inside.

When the Lightning won the Stanley Cup, didn't they have a large viewing party outside of the arena where the game was viewed on a screen on the side of the arena? I think that'd be a lot funner than doing it inside of the arena, personally.

IUe6Hvh.png

shouldnt this be in sports in general?

ummmmm... How's that related to the topic. I'm sure if anyone feels this thread needs to be moved, then a mod will move it. Yeah, it probably would be fun to sit outside at night, then in a hot, vacant arena.

I remember the same thing happening for the OSU Buckeyes in 2002. Since they had the game in Arizona they had one at Ohio Stadium (the Horseshoe).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

When the Lightning won the Stanley Cup, didn't they have a large viewing party outside of the arena where the game was viewed on a screen on the side of the arena?  I think that'd be a lot funner than doing it inside of the arena, personally.

Actually, they projected it onto the wall of the parking garage next door. And they did it for all 7 games of the Finals. Possibly even some of the conference finals as well, I don't remember.

I wanted to go so badly just so I could be there. Heard it got crazy out there too and the people that stuck around all night got to see Andy come out with the Cup. Stupid class the next day. :(

I think they called it the "Party on the Patio" or something. And I think there were just as many people outside the arena watching the game that there were inside.

Usually the NHL teams do it all the time. Edmonton and Carolina are both doing it this year. And of course Calgary and the Lightning did it last season. Before that I'm not sure though, but I remember quite a few teams having viewing parties.

Archived