Twins modification

IceCap

MLBuniformsMT.png

Like I said, this isn't really a concept, just a tweak. Here's what I did:

1) Dumped the "M" hat and logo completly.

2) Dumped the sleavles alt jersey and brought the blue home alt back.

3) Brought back the red jersey as the BP jersey.

4) The red alt hat is now the home cap, to be worn with both the primary and alt home jersey. The blue cap is to be worn with both road jerseys.

5) Dumped the genaric baseball logo, the twins/bridge logo is now used on the sleaves of all game jerseys.

Thanks to sportslogos.net for the Twins uniforms. C&C welcome as always

MLBuniformsMT.png

Like I said, this isn't really a concept, just a tweak. Here's what I did:

1) Dumped the "M" hat and logo completly.

2) Dumped the sleavles alt jersey and brought the blue home alt back.

3) Brought back the red jersey as the BP jersey.

4) The red alt hat is now the home cap, to be worn with both the primary and alt home jersey. The blue cap is to be worn with both road jerseys.

5) Dumped the genaric baseball logo, the twins/bridge logo is now used on the sleaves of all game jerseys.

Thanks to sportslogos.net for the Twins uniforms. C&C welcome as always

I like it. Good Job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The red cap and blue jersey is absolutely beautiful. The BP jersey is the first red jersey I actually like, although I'd prefer the names on the back of the jerseys.

It's a shame the Twins don't use the red caps more often. Nice work.

1997 | 2003

I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, from a big-picture, color-balance point of view, this is a very nicely done tweak. Bravo; the red cap and the red script work very nicely on that home uniform.

But.

1. Sentiment. That red cap is actually Minnesotan Sign Language for "Suck." Or "asscrap." Or "you'd be embarrassed if your daughter's t-ball league played even half this bad." Depending on context. The Twins were a contending franchise pretty much from the day they moved to Minnesota right up until the day they switched to those red caps. Then they spent a generation playing the worst baseball in the history of the upper midwest. Then, in 1986, they switched back to blue caps, with that glorious M for Minnesota, and in five years they'd won two World Series. Then some doldrums after The Strike, but once again the Twins with their blue-shod heads became contenders. They they reintroduced the red caps as alternates and they haven't even sniffed the playoffs since. The baseball gods don't like the red caps, so stop wearing them already!

2. Aesthetics. This is a more serious point. The red and white TC on a dark blue cap is simply, and objectively, a bad cap logo. There's no outline, the letters are thin to begin with, and there is very little contrast between the red and the blue. So at a distance, it's just a cap with a white C and a vaguely purplish smudge. The red cap with the blue C offers a little more bright-dark contrast, so the C is at least more visible, but it also offers colors that should never be right on top of each other without a neutral separation. You wave that red TC cap in front of a video camera and you're liable to give thousands of Japanese schoolchildren seizures. It's painful to look at. If you're going to use the TC logo in a concept, you've gotta improve on the way the Twins actually use it. Make the TC all one color, like every other self-respecting crossed-letters cap logo. Put an outline around it. Something, anything would be an improvement on what is, at best, one of the most poorly executed cap insignias in the history of baseball. (Granted, not as bad as the franchise's pre-Minnesota thin red W on a dark blue cap with no outline. That was worse, from an "actually being able to see the cap logo" point of view.)

But neither of those complaints is really a mark against your concept, just against the Twins for providing you with such substandard materials out of which to work your tweaks.

20082614447.png

I like these alot. Their red hat is one my favorites in the league and I wish they wore it more, but I'm not sure about the red hat and blue jersey.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• 2 weeks later...

Well first of all, I want to thank everybody for their C&C. It is very much appreciated.

BallWonk: Thanks for your post, really. It provided me with a lot of insight in regards to the concept. I only used the red Twins hat because I thought it looked good. I had no idea of its negative connections. As for the blue caps, I may just try your idea of making the "TC" all one colour.

I am going to keep the "TC" though, for two reasons. One, I like it much better then the "M", as the "TC" clearly represents both Minneapolis ans St. Paul, while the "M" could be seen as representing just Minneapolis. Secondly, my high school history teacher was from Minneapolis, and he we've discussed sports and sports logos/unis many times. According to him, the vast majority of Minnesotians HATE the "M" cap and love the "TC" cap.

Anyway, the major reason I decided to ressurect this dead thread was to show everybody an email I got regarding my Twins tweak. It was sent to me by non other then James Craven:

Sent: June 13, 2006 1:20:33 PM

To: MK_IC79@hotmail.com

Subject: About the Twins proposed unis...

1) All navy cap, thank you.

2) Ditch the home alternate.

3) Death to the road pinstripes.  I hated them since 1987 (when they first came out) and they look like pajamas, because they play like they're sleeping on the road.

4) Bring back the old-school "Twins" script in navy with white and red trim, and put a star to dot the "i", and make a new script "Minnesota" with the star dotting the "i" in navy with white and red trim on the road unis.

5) Get rid of the cheap nameplate on the back of the uniforms and make all lettering and numbering navy with white and red trim.

--

4824 Knorr St

Philadelphia, PA 19135

JamesCraven@comcast.net

Just thought that was a little wierd....

Archived