Netherlands Logo Creep

MisterE

While reading through the latest Uni Watch on the World Cup, I noticed the tongue of the lion on the Netherlands' crest; it's a swoosh. Lukas said he thought "it was one of the coolest team badges." I doubt he'll think that anymore. And sure enough, Nike is the Dutch team outfitter.

Let me know if you can see it here.

Now that I got the link from CC's main site, I noticed its been in use since 1978. I don't know if Nike was their outfitter then or not, but it could still work today and the logo looks timeless.

Whether or not it's there on purpose, I'm sending an e-mail to Paul Lukas.

Are you one of the people that thinks the Broncos in a three point stance make swooshes too?

:rolleyes:

THAT is true. This is coincidence.

I'm the first to admit that Nike's done some bizzare and outragous things, but if you think the side of the Broncos' unis look like a Nike swoosh, you need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

While reading through the latest Uni Watch on the World Cup, I noticed the tongue of the lion on the Netherlands' crest; it's a swoosh. Lukas said he thought "it was one of the coolest team badges." I doubt he'll think that anymore. And sure enough, Nike is the Dutch team outfitter.

Let me know if you can see it here.

Now that I got the link from CC's main site, I noticed its been in use since 1978. I don't know if Nike was their outfitter then or not, but it could still work today and the logo looks timeless.

Whether or not it's there on purpose, I'm sending an e-mail to Paul Lukas.

Newsflash: A stylized tongue resembles a nike swoosh. :P

buffalo_sig.png

that doesn't even look like a nike swoosh to me... the only logo i've ever seen that looks like it has a nike swoosh in it is the baltimore ravens, and i'm sure that's a coincidence.

Archived