Ques. about ABC College Football in 2006

WSU151

I just read the below paragraph, and have done no further research into the matter, but I was wondering if ABC was going to ditch the "West Coast only" Pac10 games for a national "prime-time" game. Anyone have any more information?

Cal's three ABC games will all begin at 5 p.m. and will be part of ABC's new prime-time lineup. Two of those games will be played in Berkeley (Oregon on Oct. 7 and UCLA on Nov. 4).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There will be some weeks where it will be split national coverage.

Press Release from ABC

12-day selection means that will name that game 12 days before hand.

Interesting. Thanks for the link, dfwabel. It appears that at least two of those Cal games will be west-coast only due to the split coverage. One of these days ABC will learn that some people outside of the Pacific time zone actually like to watch good Pac-10 games. If things go as forecast, I'd much rather watch Cal-USC than a mediocre Big 12 or Big 10 game.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Remember, the Pac 10 does have that national contract with FSN. Outside of the TBS games, they will probably never be seen nationwide unless they visit soemwhere. ABC/ESPN will continue to punish them for leaving them. I will assume that the west coast games will have Dan Fouts as the play-byplay as he is moving over from color commentary.

I think they're partnering another play-by-play guy with Fouts.

and I'm pretty sure that the FSN deal is going to allow a couple of Duck games to be broadcast nationally - they're moving the Civil War to the Friday of Thanksgiving week (insert copious swearing here) so that they can double-head the game with the Nebraska-Colorado game.

besides, 5 p.m. games allow you to hella tailgate. I don't care too much in that situation *thumbs up*

harperdc.gif

Can't wait till Sept. 23 when Arizona plays USC at home

Hopefully Arizona shames them.

(Oh wait, I thought I was in an "Alternate history" thread again, sorry)

and all Arizona State grads and fans hope that Arizona loses 68-0. But the only sucky thing is, we'll get this game instead of Notre Dame and Michigan :cursing:

Archived