Arsenal 2008-09 Concept

2mr41h

Check it out...Arsenal's coming up on the 20th anniversary of their 1988-89 title, the big win over Liverpool. I figured, what better way to celebrate than to throwback to the away kit they won it in. I worked up a new home and away kit for 2008-09 (and I know the club charter requires teams to use each kit for a minimum of two seasons; this is fantasy land). Let me know your thoughts!

arsenal_kit_concept-1.png

I like that the away has blue w red trim for the numbers. I really think the EPL should do as the French and each teams numbers actually match the uniform. So if Liverpool wears yellow kits, red w/white trim. Man U wears blue with red trim, white numbers with red trim. It just looks cleaner in my opinion.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One suggestion for the piping. When it wraps around the back of the jersey, I would make it go straight down instead of bending farther inward towards the middle. Just an opnion.

Good suggestion. Tried it and it just looks 'off.' I'm trying to figure out a way to resolve that line without it looking awkard on the back of the kit. How about this edit? I think this works much more effectively.

arsenal_kit_concept2.png

I like the idea, and the second version looks a little cleaner. the piping on the first set of shirts looks like a visible panty line, oddly enough. :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Nice concept, fits well into the Nike line.

It still is the Gunners by the way.

Gooners is the nickname for the Gunner's fans - he was saying this concept was for all the gooners out there as well as the gunners

nice job on these, I like it. only issue is that the swoosh on the home shirt needs to be white. I also would prefer to see blue/yellow piping on the away instead of the red, but i still like this a lot. nice use of the emirates logo instead of the "fly emirates" sponsorship- good work!

OD_Signature.jpg

Gordie (and everyone else, too)-

Thanks for the input. I agree about the white swoosh on the home kit. I added the red piping on the away kit just to accent the crest. The team wasn't using the red crest on the kit '89 and I felt the red provides an extra bit of visual pop.

Archived