College Wolrd Series in different cities

TBGKon

NOTE: My apologies for the misspelling in the thread title

I had an idea recently, what would you guys think of having the College World Series in other cities than Omaha? It could be held in either MLB ballparks, Spring Training ballparks, or large minor league ballparks.

Personally, I think that it will eventually happen, but in my idea Omaha would always host every 5 years, but for the other 4 years anything goes as long as you have a ballpark of a certain capacity (per se, 8,000 people or more).

What do you all think????

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO! and NOOOOOO!

The NCAA would be too STUPID to move the CWS anywhere. Omaha needs the CWS, the CWS needs Omaha.

But then we are talking the NCAA and the moment one sports uh hum...."Columnist" says that the CWS needs to be in either Indianapolis or San Antonio, it becomes reality.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

HELL NO!

This is the one event Omaha prepares for every year. To see the eight best college baseball teams compete in a double elimination tourny to decide the National Championship in my backyard is wonderful.

Plus, they did try some other sites in it's early history before the move to Omaha.

Omaha is also the host of the 2006 & 2008 NCAA Women's Volleyball Final Four. There is talk that the Volleyball Final Four in Omaha starting in 2010. As someone who attends the Volleyball Final Four I hope that they don't keep the volleyball in Omaha. I like the chance to visit other cities.

Back to the topic. For the NCAA it is all about money. They will go to where ever they can bring in the most cash.

Archived