Modesto Nuts "Jimmy Buffet Night" Unis

Wobo

If they changed the name of Modesto to Deez, they'd be DEEZ NUTS! Just think of the marketing possibilities, it'd be just like the South Carolina "COCKS" hats that all the college guys wear...

I've been laughing at "deez" jokes since 7th grade. That was over ten years ago.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why I still find them funny -- but I do.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Put one on Jeff Bridges--and it would fit in the Big Lebowski...

I don't remember The Dude ever wearing a Hawaiian shirt, it just seems very un-Dude to me. His style is more about ratty T-shirts, old bathrobes, boxer shorts, and flip-flops.

But I think it would work in this case...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't remember The Dude ever wearing a Hawaiian shirt, it just seems very un-Dude to me. His style is more about ratty T-shirts, old bathrobes, boxer shorts, and flip-flops.

You sure you're not thinking of old bowling shirts? I remember The Dude wearing a couple of those during the movie, but never a Hawaiian shirt.

QPR%20Sig.png

These promotional nights have been very good in the past as well as this year. Last month, the Modesto Nuts wore a pink jersey, like a lot of minor league teams did, to raise awareness for breast cancer and then they sold them and donated the proceeds to the cancer research fund, not sure which one it was. they raised a couple thousand for both the breast cancer jersey and the Jimmy Buffet jersey. The players actually liked the jersey. Something new and different. I happen to work for the club and we've got some talent there. I mean, the Nuts name was fun to joke at the first half of last season, but the jokes really have died down. Our merchandise really sells well also. At the all-star game in detroit last year, our hats were one of the hottest selling hats at the game. We need a third jersey however, working on the club to getting one. Maybe a red alt... Its nice to see that the Chad Kreuter is now the USC head coach, taking over for his father-in-law. Chad was the manager at the beginning of the season. Now Glenallen Hill is the skipper here in modesto.

Here is the link to the Pink jerseys. The grossed over $7,000 dollars which is the most ever for a Modesto Nuts/A's Jersey Auction. http://modestonuts.com/nuts/news/?id=5358

You sure you're not thinking of old bowling shirts? I remember The Dude wearing a couple of those during the movie, but never a Hawaiian shirt.

I never said he wore a Hawaiian shirt--I just said it would fit...

There is a difference.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived