ACC Aussie Rules

Discrim

You may remember the Big Ten Aussie Rules project...after taking a few weeks off of that, here we go...same game, different region.

I've been wanting to unveil this one for the better part of a month...With the pronunciation of Keith Jackson, I give you the Hurricanes of Mah-Ammy!

home orange

Miamihome.png

away green

Miamithird.png

alternate graphite (yes, Miami uses it as a tertiary color)

Miamiroad.png

this one was a natural...the U needed to be the focal point. as I don't have the Canes' font, I went the EA route and used the Broncos font instead (heh, it works well for footy)

next up, Georgia Tech!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

and now, here's Georgia Tech. I revive the wordmarks I created last year *hears cheering* and bring the modernized GT along for the ride *hears boos*

home/away gold/white

GaTechhome.png

clash navy/gold

GaTechclash.png

heritage navy with classic GT

GaTechheritage.png

heh, I figure most of the Tech fans here, if they comment, will be mad at me for mostly kicking the classic GT to the curb and using a new GT...I'll make up for it by finding a way to piss off Mongrel fans when I get to the SEC :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Eh, I got it the first time. Just kidding. Anyways, I'm not a big footie guy (I can't find it on TV anymore) but I am a big ACC guy. The Miami jerseys are good. It took me a minute to comprehend out the front would look on a player, but I like it. I'm not sure about the shorts though. I think just the U would be fine without the stretching it.

Love the honeycomb pattern for GA Tech. Very fitting. As for your new logo, I really don't have a problem with the old one, but props to you for being creative.

I always hate the posts that are just "OMG wow awesome i cant wait for (their favorite team)!!!!1! So I made sure to give C&C first.

omg wow i cant wait for wake forest!!!!1!!one!

Honeycomb?

What the...?

Honey.

Comb.

Back to the jumpers. Well, Miami is actually OK.

It Discrim-different, but that's often a good thing.

In regard to GT Honeycomb. Discrim-different is not doing it for me.

And Gold shorts and socks? I think there's something about that in the Man thread on the other board.

Big Ben, www.afana.com should give you an idea for wherever you live in North America on when footy is on, and what channels.

I hope you're getting better after that motorbike accident.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Big Ben, www.afana.com should give you an idea for wherever you live in North America on when footy is on, and what channels.

Thanks rmered. I aprreciate your concern. ^_^

Thanks rmered. I aprreciate your concern. ^_^

Hey. that's who I thought it was about.

I didn't know that guy's nickname was that.

(I do now, so you know I'm stirring, but there was real concern for your welfare at the time)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...

heh, when a thread falls, it falls! anyway, I finally got around to doing sets 3 and 4...so here's set 3 in all its glory: NC State

home

NCStatehome2.png

NC State is one of the few schools that has an actual footy club (Vanderbilt and UW Milwaukee being other notables), and IIRC they wear something similar to this...I'm more or less stuck with old logos for now, but it's not as noticeable with the home.

away

NCStateroad2.png

as I said, I'm stuck with old logos as there aren't yet any sufficiently large new logos to use...sucks cus I wanted these to have that howling wolf. Eh well, these mid 90s logos suffice, and as you can see I went with pinstripes and then decided to go baseball-style.

clash

NCStateclash2.png

um, yeah...in case of opposing red, pack white :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

and now...set 4, Virginia

home

Virginiahome.png

I took one look at Virginia's logo and realized there was only one way I COULD do this...the Aussies should recognize the inspiration very quickly ;)

away

Virginiaroad.png

heh, if I made this and wore it around Melbourne, I'd bet folks would ask me why my Vics jumper had orange trim and swords on the back :D

clash

Virginiaclash.png

this one would be used rarely, only in those cases where the opponent wears a striped/hooped/checkered/whatnot jumper that used navy and orange (or similar colors), in which case UVa couldn't wear either the home or away jumpers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

home

Virginiahome.png

I took one look at Virginia's logo and realized there was only one way I COULD do this...the Aussies should recognize the inspiration very quickly ;)

away

Virginiaroad.png

heh, if I made this and wore it around Melbourne, I'd bet folks would ask me why my Vics jumper had orange trim and swords on the back :D

clash

Virginiaclash.png

this one would be used rarely, only in those cases where the opponent wears a striped/hooped/checkered/whatnot jumper that used navy and orange (or similar colors), in which case UVa couldn't wear either the home or away jumpers.

This one is actually pretty good.

This college needs a footy team.

And for this to be their uniforms.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Glad to see this is back. For the pack, I was going to say something about the lack of black in the home jumper, but the other two have black, so I think you made the right move there. As for VA Tech, I don't get your joke, but I like this one. Awesome dude.

home

Virginiahome.png

away

Virginiaroad.png

clash

Virginiaclash.png

don't really like the other ones but this one i love. I don't follow this sport at all but i like the unis

As for VA Tech, I don't get your joke, but I like this one. Awesome dude.

I did Va Tech? When? :D if you mean:

heh, if I made this and wore it around Melbourne, I'd bet folks would ask me why my Vics jumper had orange trim and swords on the back

then this should help...I pretty much had to model it after Big V. The fact that the Victorian V is similar to Virginia's V (though the difference is somewhat obvious) helped make the decision for me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

As for VA Tech, I don't get your joke, but I like this one. Awesome dude.

I did Va Tech? When? :D if you mean:

heh, if I made this and wore it around Melbourne, I'd bet folks would ask me why my Vics jumper had orange trim and swords on the back

then this should help...I pretty much had to model it after Big V. The fact that the Victorian V is similar to Virginia's V (though the difference is somewhat obvious) helped make the decision for me.

lol my bad dude. Joke understood, and my ignorance is depleting (although I still have a long way to go).

We don't play State of Origin footy any more, though I always thought it would be an interesting concept for NFL.

Say end of season, Big 12 plays Pac 10 or something similar.

Those guys who went to Pac10 Colleges make up one team, Guys who went to Big 12 make up another.

Might be more interesting than the Pro Bowl.

Our State of Origin comes from the rugby idea.

We only have 8 states (2 are actually Territories, but that's a long story) in a country almost as big as the USA. Though we obviously don't have as many people.

So players would grow up in one place, and play in the other side of the country.

This was the way of having the best players play for wherever they grew up.

But players got hurt, and teams didn't want to release their players to the teams and the idea just died.

Now we play Ireland in a composite rules series at the end of each season instead.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I knew AFLers didn't play SOO anymore, though it appears the concept is still sort of alive...just with VFL/SANFL/WAFL/etc guys instead of the big boys.

I figure that idea you brought up would work here, as there are a few all-star games played starting about two weeks after the bowls. Most of these games use an east-west format, or a north-south format, though I can recall one game where Michigan players were on the South team (and Michigan's about as southern as clam chowder)

My favorite formats used:

Blue-Gray Bowl: basically, the Grays consisted of players from schools located within the former Confederacy, and the Blues were from the rest of the country.

Gridiron Classic: its format was Florida vs. USA...you needed to either have played high school or college ball in Florida.

Paradise Bowl (now Las Vegas All-American Classic): the 2002 format was a Utah-Colorado team vs the rest of the West, and the 2003 format replaced Utah-Colorado with the Midwest.

Magnolia Gridiron Classic (unrelated to the above): the Red team is 1-A and NAIA guys, while the White team is 1-AA, D2 and D3 guys.

Come to think of it, you've given me a great idea for my next project :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived