Did anyone c what i seen? new cle browns logo

LogoCollector

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An idea.  Use either the Dawg logo or the =B= logo ONLY when the team decides to wear the orange alternates.  It's simple to take on and off and gives a new look, while at the same time sells more mini helmet merchandise and keeps tradition for the brown and white uniforms.  A compromise on both grounds.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

An idea.  Use either the Dawg logo or the =B= logo ONLY when the team decides to wear the orange alternates.  It's simple to take on and off and gives a new look, while at the same time sells more mini helmet merchandise and keeps tradition for the brown and white uniforms.  A compromise on both grounds.

Great idea, but the NFL isn't down with teams having two helmets.  Seattle toyed with the idea when they did their uniform revamp in 2002, and the Redskins had their 70th anniversary "spear" helmet along with their regular uniform helmet in 2002.  Why Seattle didn't get to, and Washington did?  Probably had to do with the temporary, one-year only aspect of the Redskin 2-helmet situation.

And I still think the networks showing NFL football should be using the =B= when identifying the Cleveland Browns (and not just the plain orange helmet, or the dreaded orange rectangle), much like the Eagles get their logo (not the helmet wing), the Vikings get their logo (not the helmet horn), the rams get their logo (not the helmet horn, and the Bengals get the leaping cat (not the striped helmet).

A gander at the NFL.com website even shows the NFL using the helmet as the graphic identifier for the Browns.  Why even create the =B= if you're not using it?

At least when NBC used to do AFC games, they would opt to zoom on a portion of the helmet where the brown-white-brown stripe appeared.  It beats Fox's orange rectangle.  It's still not the =B= though.  Now that the =B= is there to use, use it!  Sense a trend here?

Oh, and leave the Cleveland helmet alone.  It does have the stripe.  It's not completely plain.

browns.gif

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

For those clamoring for a logo added on to the Browns helmet, how do you contrast the difference between "traditional" and "old?"  Because the difference so far seems to be defined as "how much I like it," and that ain't gonna cut it.

The Browns, and their look, are of course positively STEEPED in tradition.  They are one of those semi-sacred franchises that every sport has a half dozen or so of.  That's why there was a hundred times more national lamenting when they moved to Baltimore as there was for any other recent relocations.   Keep it the way it is.

SyPhi, I too have often wondered why they don't submit one of their new logos for usage on the networks.  I would actually love to see them submit the elf, but that won't happen.

If I'm picking between the current two, I cast my vote for the Bulldog, and I would also like to see the dog moved out of the endzones and smacked down on the 50 yard line.

My insiders have told me that the Browns's "B" mark is not official, according to the NFL.  The Dawg logo, which NYSeahawk has put up here, is what the league calls a "program mark", meaning for very limited use.  Although its been widely used along with the =B= logo in such things as merchandise.  The league has the Browns logo listed as the helmet at an angle.

One note as well, for over 2 seasons now the 49ers do not have an "official" typeface.  Again the insider states that the one that is used is for "limited use" if a typeface is required.  Example: if the 49ers were to make a Super Bowl, that typeface would be used.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I don't think the dog on the helmet would work. The (=B=) logo  would make this very old-school, but you think of the Cleveland Browns when you think old-school. I even put Otto Graham on my Discrimibattle jersey. Just think, no logo on the helmet (old-school), brown jersey (old-school--who else wears brown jerseys besides the Wyoming Cowboys?).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I don't think the dog on the helmet would work. The (=B=) logo would make this very old-school, but you think of the Cleveland Browns when you think old-school. I even put Otto Graham on my Discrimibattle jersey. Just think, no logo on the helmet (old-school), brown jersey (old-school--who else wears brown jerseys besides the Wyoming Cowboys?).

um, Lehigh.  and this one Ivy League school...can't put my finger on their name, though :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived