Did anyone c what i seen? new cle browns logo

LogoCollector

i happen to like the orange pants. they are unique.

Which is just like the helmet.  Why don't you complain about the Steelers as well.  They have a decal on one side of the helmet how pointless is that?  And the Browns did start out as a college team basically.  Playing in the American Association and winning every 4 straight championships.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i happen to like the orange pants. they are unique.

Which is just like the helmet. Why don't you complain about the Steelers as well. They have a decal on one side of the helmet how pointless is that? And the Browns did start out as a college team basically. Playing in the American Association and winning every 4 straight championships.

the orange pants are unique in a good way. the helmet is unique in a old, tired way. the steelers have the logo on one side of their helmet because when the steelers decided to put a logo on their helmet, they decided they were going to put it one one side only to see how it looked. they won the championchip that year and have kept it that way ever since. if the browns started as a college team, then they should have added alogo to their helmet when other teams started to do it (they were a professional team by then)

on a side not im going to repeate what i said earlier. if u and every other browns fan would stop complaining everytime the idea to change the helmet came up, the browns just might have nfl looking uniforms.

oh, ya. at least the steelers have one logo on their helmet. thats one more then the browns.

I always wondered how I could bring this up, but this thread seems to be as good as any.  When the Browns rolled out both the =B= and dog head logos, you would have figured that Fox, CBS, and ESPN would rejoice, since they could put something besides an orange rectangle in the spot where every other NFL team has a logo.  You know, when they're recapping scores, and otherwise graphically identifying NFL teams ...

That's what had me scratching my head when I saw highlights of Cleveland & Arizona.  Now that Fox is doing the logo thing across the top of the screen, I expected to see the =B= next to their 44-spot they put up.  Nope.  Orange rectangle.  What gives?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

because they dont have it on their helmet (or even on their uniforms) basically they havnt markeded their new logos properly. and guess what the right way for a football team in the nfl is to market their new logo. put it on their helmet. so not only are browns fans hurting their team's image by complaining every time a change for the helemt is propsed, they are also hurting their teams marketability.

I always wondered how I could bring this up, but this thread seems to be as good as any. When the Browns rolled out both the =B= and dog head logos, you would have figured that Fox, CBS, and ESPN would rejoice, since they could put something besides an orange rectangle in the spot where every other NFL team has a logo. You know, when they're recapping scores, and otherwise graphically identifying NFL teams ...

That's what had me scratching my head when I saw highlights of Cleveland & Arizona. Now that Fox is doing the logo thing across the top of the screen, I expected to see the =B= next to their 44-spot they put up. Nope. Orange rectangle. What gives?

Fox uses what a team has on their helemt, and since the browns are logoless on the helmets, you get a orange rectangle. CBS uses whole helmets as their graphics now, so the logo doesn't come into play either.

ESPN bothers me though in their refusal to use the logo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I guess when it comes to Uniforms, I am a throwback.

I am a diehard 49ers fan and would love to go back to the "classic" Joe Montana Uniforms...And my dad raised me a Browns fan until I was old enough to know that the Kardiac Kids of the 80s would kill me before I was 40.  I would hate to see them give up the classic look they have.  The 1984 unis were a disgusting mess of an attempt to modernize and they realized it (of course, Art Modell could make a mess out of anything..but that is a different topic entirely)

I would hate the league to come in and make some disastrous attempt at modernizing the Browns unis and come out with some kind of tootsie roll looking Bills uniform.

Regardless of what you think of the Browns, they are NOT the worst unis in the league.  But when it comes down to a logo on the Browns helmets...what really could you put on the helmet?  As far as Logos go, I would love to see them bring back the old "Brownie" pixie...but not on the helmet.  I think a plain "B" on the helmet would look more NCAA-ish than leaving the classic helmet alone.  And the new =B= logo is not helmet material, maybe good on the hip of the pants but not the helmet.

just my opinion..

I think the Browns helmet should stay as it is. It has a couple stripes on it, it's not completely orange. It's instantly recognizable. It's clean and minimal, much like the uniforms (a little colored striping on the sleeves, very clean look, forget the orange shirts).

They should NOT put the dawg poung logo on the helmets. The Dawg Pound logo was named after a small segment of Cleveland Stadium where some die-hard fans sat. That would be like the Redskings putting Miss Piggy on the helmets because their fans are the Hogettes. They are the Browns, not the Dawgs.

I also like the new striped B logo, but I don't think it makes a good helmet logo. Maybe if something had to be done, perhaps a stylized "C" for Cleveland, similar to "SF" for the Niners or "NY" for the G-men. Otherwise leave well enough alone.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I guess when it comes to Uniforms, I am a throwback.

I am a diehard 49ers fan and would love to go back to the "classic" Joe Montana Uniforms...And my dad raised me a Browns fan until I was old enough to know that the Kardiac Kids of the 80s would kill me before I was 40. I would hate to see them give up the classic look they have. The 1984 unis were a disgusting mess of an attempt to modernize and they realized it (of course, Art Modell could make a mess out of anything..but that is a different topic entirely)

I would hate the league to come in and make some disastrous attempt at modernizing the Browns unis and come out with some kind of tootsie roll looking Bills uniform.

Regardless of what you think of the Browns, they are NOT the worst unis in the league. But when it comes down to a logo on the Browns helmets...what really could you put on the helmet? As far as Logos go, I would love to see them bring back the old "Brownie" pixie...but not on the helmet. I think a plain "B" on the helmet would look more NCAA-ish than leaving the classic helmet alone. And the new =B= logo is not helmet material, maybe good on the hip of the pants but not the helmet.

just my opinion..

i happen to like the browns unis. the only things i would do to modernize them is to eliminate one of the white pants sets, fix the striping on the dark jersey to match the white stripping, put the dog head (not the stupid dawg pound) on the sleave without the "AL" tribute patch, and put the =B= logo on the helmet. i dont whant a brown bills type uniform or anything, just a few minor tweaks. oh ya, keep the orange pants. i think im the only one who lokes them.

I love the orange pants...makes me remember my YOUTH. The days of Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Ozzie Newsome, Dave Logan, Jerry Sherk, Dick Ambrose, Hanford Dixon, Frank Minnifield, Thom Darden, Brian Sipe, Paul McDonald..and of course, Coach Choke..i mean Sam Ruttigliano.

Red right 88 and all that stuff!  I like the new orange pants..little shiny to add to the uni!  I think it looks great..but, he I am a NINER fan and would love to see the OLD unis without the black come back!

the only thing about the browns that i have a problem with is the fact that they currently have two sets of white pants, which is pointless.  get rid of the ones with white in the striping and make the home striping flush, we're in business.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

they need the dawg face logo on the helmet

Your insane. NOTHING GOES ON THE HELMET.

your right about one thing. the dog head should not go on the helmet. the =B= logo should. the dog head goes on the sleave without the "AL" tribute patch (which should become part of the real uniform)

if the browns did, there uniforms would look modern, yet classic.

orenge helmet isnt traditional, its just old

The only thing the Browns need to change is their two sets of white pants. Brown jersey/white pants and White jersey/orange pants, with a brown jersey/orange pants alternate. As much as I love orange, the Browns don't need an orange jersey.

LEAVE THE HELMET ALONE! The =B= logo is NOT a good helmet logo, and if the Browns ever put a logo on their helmet, they would cease to be the Browns.

While we're at it, leave the Steelers helmet alone too. The Steelers "one side" helmet and the Browns plain helmet are traditional, historic, and should NEVER be changed!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

if the Browns ever put a logo on their helmet, they would cease to be the Browns.

thank you! the browns uniform set is as close to perfect as you can get in my mind (minus the orange unis). I love everything about them especially the logoless helmets. the only thing i would like to see them do is wear the orange pants with the brown jerseys.

The thing I dislike about the logo-less helmet is the fact that they use a picture of the helmet as the logo in many cases. I hope with the introduction of the =B= logo and the dawg face that they go away from that. The Revolution helmets are becoming more popular, and soon the Browns' use of the helmet in the logo will become like the CFL's of old.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

SyPhi, I think that's what they'll do. Back in the day, when other teams would use their logos (on posters, cards, etc) the Rams, Bengals, Chargers, Browns, and sometimes Eagles (even though they had the old "eagle with a football" logo) would use a logo of their helmet. Gradually, the Rams, Bengals, and Chargers all got other logos, and I'm pretty sure that's what will happen with the Browns. I'd rather see the =B= logo than the "dawg face" as their primary though. Like somebody said earlier, a modernized Browns elf/dwarf that they used to use would also be a fitting secondary, don't put it on the jerseys or anything though...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived