Rochester Red Wings July 4th Jerseys

Sorry guys, no pics of the gold jerseys for two reasons...

1. Camera batteries were dead when I got to the stadium

and

2.. They were Orange.

The orange jerseys looked nice. Pretty much all orange.

The pants had an orange/black stripe on the them.

Has anyone ever heard of a promo like the one they are having tonight?

Wednesday, August 16 - 7:05 PM vs. Syracuse **Gates Open at 5:30 PM**

Ken Singleton Autograph Appearance, presented by KB Advertising Specialties the former Orioles and Expos star will sign from 5:30-6:50 ... Cash Giveaway, presented by Citizens Bank (1700 fans will get $1, three lucky fans will get $100, and one lucky fan will get $500)

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a weird giveaway for sure. I'm also sure they'll get every last dollar back.

I checked their website for pictures, but it's such a mess that it's not even worth it. Too bad. I would have liked to have seen those.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've been following the Wings since 1958 and now I'm sad to say that I've had it with the organization. I remember when they actually wore REAL baseball uniforms and didn't look like a Sunday morning beer league team that bought their uniforms at the Public Market. The Wings actually used to pride themselves on their on-field appearance. But no more. The uniform smorgasboard has become a joke.

But we should expect it from an organization that wants to be TOO fan-friendly when it comes to the team identity. Team mascot "Spikes" looks like the Atlanta Hawk on steroids. The "kids" that they're trying to appeal to with the trendy fads of dress will soon be adults who don't want their team looking like "Bingo Long and the Traveling Motor Kings".

I personally feel that a lot of this stems from the fact that "Daddy's Little Girl" is running the show. And God forbid if anyone dares question Queen Naomi.

Listen to some of us oldtimers. The Red Wing flannels of the '50s and '60s are just as loved and respected by those of us who remember them as Yankee pinstripes, Red Sox-style numbers and Dodger Blue are to countless millions of fans worldwide today. Those uniforms MEANT Red Wings baseball to anyone who saw them. They represented pride and class in the franchise and the city they represent.

It hurts us to see the team of Musial, Schoendienst, Easter, Gibson, Weaver, Palmer, Grich, Baylor, Altobelli and the Ripkens turned into a sideshow freak.

But sadly this trend continues unchecked. I no longer attend games because frankly, it's embarassing to see what uniform abortion they will parade around in next.

Bulldog, you are a rare and dying breed my friend.

I admire your love for old time baseball and the uniforms of past eras, but times have certainly changed. These weekly swaps of uniforms will not be going away as much as you and I would like to think so. WE just gotta live with it.

The way I think of it is..

hey, the talent on the field is excellent and the team is a winner, so who cares what they wear. They'll continue to get my money for tickets.

BTW - I'm spending $6 to see tonight's game and hopefully I'll win some cash. :suspect:

They suckered me in! :cursing:

I found one photo from last Wednesday's game courtesy of the D&C.

wingsorangeya6.jpg

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

Is there any schedule as to how / when they do all these jersey auctions? Perhaps I should call the team store? I guess I don't care too much about the pink ones, but they're supposed to auction off some of the black ones "at the end of this season" and I'd like to be around for that. They're supposed to be auctioning the orange ones too.

Bulldog - I agree with you on much of what you said, but I personally like Naomi. I think she's done a lot for the team and they definitely treat the fans with respect - see my earlier post on the topic.

The envelope I recieved at last night's cash giveaway had $1 in it.

I can't complain.

I also met Ken Singleton.

img0225df0.th.jpg

img0226kx4.th.jpg

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Pink Baseball jerseys?

I've seen it all.  :P

1152388951.jpg

The team I work for, the Clearwater Threshers, will be wearing thee jerseys this Friday night in their "Pitch for Pink" promotion. The jerseys will be auctioned off during the game and all proceeds from ticket sales will benefit a local breast cancer center.

I don't know if the blue hat will go with it, or if their red, red with blue visor, or red with khaki visor will be worn.

Here are the jerseys the Threshers wore for Tropical Paradise Night, there were selling the game worn ones in the team store for 75 dollars. Luckily the one that fit me was not autographed, so I could actually wear it.

Thresherstropicalfront.pngThresherstropicalback.png

ROC- I have nothing against Naomi. She's done a fine job. My only point is that she can be a little autocratic at times. But in reality would her dad be in favor of some of the outlandish uniforms the Wings have worn this year? I met Morrie a couple of times and I got the feeling he always tried to treat the Wings as a junior Major League organization. That having been said, I just feel that the Wings have lost some of their class with all the crazy duds. Why don't they take a pause from the goofy getups and let the fans have a break.

I think a lot of what the Wings have done has to do with recognizing what Minor League baseball is: an affordable alternative to the major leagues. Back in the days of Silver Stadium, cable wasn't as prevelant, ESPN wasn't as ubiquitous, and it wasn't as easy to go to New York or Toronoto to catch a game.

I think minor league baseball as a whole has just focused on attracting families, moving merchandise, and creating more of a unique brand. The Tidewater Tides used to be near exact replicas of the Mets, but their move to Norfolk came with new uniforms. Syracuse, Scranton Wilkes-Barre, etc. have more or less followed suit. Even old standby Toledo has drastically updated it's look.

I'm mostly with you. I think Spikes is absurd and the Wings aren't a good looking team. But they certainly do fit in with the "new" MiLB image and they're staying financially successful. For a minor league team, there's not much more you can ask for.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived