Rochester Red Wings July 4th Jerseys

I'm sure there was a rush to put out Independence Day jerseys in minor league baseball yesterday. My hometown team was sporting the following:

LGstankid.jpg

Any more?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least they won (beat Pawtucket 10-6)

Let us all hope that's not enough reason for

them to bring them back next season.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I'm another fellow Rochesterian. I've seen some of the 4th of July jerseys they've worn in the past and I gotta say, those are the worst. How disappointing.

I'm still disappointed that they've seemingly gone full time to the black jerseys. I really liked the white (sleeved) jerseys they wore for a few years in between stints with the black. I remember mentioning it a few times on this board before and getting similar opinions.

I like the red sleeveless though.

Not to totally change the subject, but I wonder how long Rochester will stick with the current set. Anyone have any info as to when some new Wings uni's will see the light of day?

Not to totally change the subject, but I wonder how long Rochester will stick with the current set. Anyone have any info as to when some new Wings uni's will see the light of day?

As a Rochester ex-pat, I took the opportunity to go see the Wings on the road here in Louisville. They lost, and they looked terrible doing so. Their roads aren't much better than the homes.

I really miss these:

P0045289.jpg

Really, going back to anything pre-Frontier Field (and they have a lot of options) would be welcome.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As a Rochester ex-pat, I took the opportunity to go see the Wings on the road here in Louisville. They lost, and they looked terrible doing so. Their roads aren't much better than the homes.

I really miss these:

P0045289.jpg

Really, going back to anything pre-Frontier Field (and they have a lot of options) would be welcome.

I'm from Buffalo, and so as a Bisons fan am obliged to hate the Rochester Red Wings, but even I miss those logos!

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I really miss these:

P0045289.jpg

You're living in the past my friend.

Don't forget, pre-Frontier Field is when Rochester was affiliated with Baltimore.

It's Minnesota now and there's no chance GM Mason and the Wings elect to go back and use logos/jerseys resembling the Orioles days.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

Don't forget, pre-Frontier Field is when Rochester was affiliated with Baltimore.

It's Minnesota now and there's no chance GM Mason and the Wings elect to go back and use logos/jerseys resembling the Orioles days.

Well that's silly. They're currently using Baltimore-era uniforms right now! In fact, the only Twins-esque merchandise I've seen of the Wings has been the Flower City hats.

P0068187.jpg

I went to the Kane County Cougars game on the 3rd. They were wearing these:

323118.jpg

(evidently, they've worn these before, because this picture was not from that game.)

I wonder if it's even possible to turn the design elements of the US flag in to a jersey that doesn't look completely hideous.

That being said, I like this one a little better than the Red Wings version.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Well that's silly. They're currently using Baltimore-era uniforms right now! In fact, the only Twins-esque merchandise I've seen of the Wings has been the Flower City hats.

P0068187.jpg

I own one of those.

They are sweet, aren't they?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

I went to the Kane County Cougars game on the 3rd. They were wearing these:

323118.jpg

(evidently, they've worn these before, because this picture was not from that game.)

I wonder if it's even possible to turn the design elements of the US flag in to a jersey that doesn't look completely hideous.

That being said, I like this one a little better than the Red Wings version.

When I was at the game, I thought of this forum, and that I needed to find a picture of the uniforms to post here to show how ugly they are. Then I get here, and find someone's already started a similar thread, and his jersey out uglied mine!

On a side note, I don't know if this site does design contests or not, but a competition to design a good looking jersey that incorporates a patriotic theme would be interesting.

I remember hearing something a long (two years) ago that the white jerseys have more or less become alternates and that the black jerseys are the main ones. Back in MVP Baseball 2005 (the last year EA had the MLB rights), Rochester had the black jerseys as the default home uniforms, with the grey jerseys as road. This is obviously nothing concrete, and I'm somewhat certain that the fine folks at Electronic Arts have screwed up jerseys in games before, but I think the white uniforms rarely see the light of day now. Besides, when you think Red Wings, you think black, right?

And in terms of the Baltimore era, I think I speak for the newer generation of Rochesterians when I say thank god the Orioles are out and the Twinkies are in. I don't want any more reminders of Old Man Peter and company in the Flour/Flower City anymore.

ducks-large.jpg

Rochester does wear black at home.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Archived