St. louis eagles unviel jerseys

STL FANATIC

This is also on the IHL board, but I put it here for more views and comments...

These are my 2003-04 St. Louis Eagles jerseys of the IHL. The logo is a slightly modernized version of the original Eagles logo, and the jerseys are simple retro style jerseys.

What's everyone think?

stl_eagles_jerseys.gif

Well, since you included a "certain color", you already have a negative opinion from someone... :P

But I'll offset that negative opinion by saying they look great...I'm a fan of body stripes. They're great...I'd eliminate the black at the sleeve ends and the bottom though.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Well, since you included a "certain color", you already have a negative opinion from someone... :P

But I'll offset that negative opinion by saying they look great...I'm a fan of body stripes. They're great...I'd eliminate the black at the sleeve ends and the bottom though.

Well, that's supposed to be a maroon. Also, the black is in the logo and it makes a good color for the pants and helmet, so I wanted to have a little in the jerseys.

Obviously, Montreal with the body stripes, and St. Louis with the shoulders, but there are even more influences than just that. I was influenced by the Florida Gators football jerseys (though it's reversed with white and dark), and some football pants like the Rams blue (ugly), the Patriots blue, the Jags teal, and more to try the same main stripe even if it doubles onto a jersey of the same color. I was also influenced by the Blues jerseys from pre 1995 the way the red stripe on those moves a position from the white jersey to the blue jersey. I planned to have block numbers on this to complete the retro-traditional look, but went to the simple rounded numbers after seeing a post by someone on here saying how the Wild's alt numbers aren't retro enough, and he linked to a more retro set of numbers on a jersey which were more rounded. Just drew my influence from all over.

Archived