New Era Low-Profile cap on Ichiro?

jewbanpimp

This page is from the Washington Post's All-Star Game preview, I believe it was in Tuesday's paper. Notice how all of the players are wearing the current fit but Ichiro's (in the bottom right corner of the graphic) looks like a low-profile cap. Any idea if his is just worn in or if he gets a low-profile? I thought New Era stopped making them years ago...

washingtonpost.com: American League Starters

GR2006071100531.gif

asu-tillman-in-memory-banner.jpg

I am pretty sure it is a regular hat, just worn a little low. In year's past, some studio shots for the Mariners used New Era adjustable hats that had a low-profile look to them, but that is mainly for minor leaguers, and those have a white New Era logo on the side, which you can't really tell here. Sometimes you also see old Russell jerseys being used whenever they sign or trade for a guy and need a quick photo.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Yeah, I'm thinking from that pic it looks like it's just really well broken in.

Man, I TOTALLY miss the 59Fifty Low Crown hats! I bought like 6 or 7 of them when they came out, and it killed me when they went away. I still wear my 3 different Mets ones and my US Olympic baseball team ones all the time. I loved them. I have to go through a whole big thing to get a 59Fifty to fit right, but these fit perfectly on me right from the store.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

its most likely a regular 59/50. ive been told they get one hat per season free, and then they have to buy their own(not sure if thats true or not). but you play half a season in one cap and its gonna start forming to your head.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

That looks worn in as others have said; in pics I've seen of Jose Reyes his lid looks similarly rounded. The guy on that page who IS wearing a different hat is Kenny Rogers. If you read uniwatch you know that Paul's been documenting Rogers' wearng of the BP hat during the season. If you look at cloer pics you can see the sandwich brim and different material.

I liked the low profile hats, my redsox hat (which my waste of life brother lost) was a low profile hat. When i went to buy another one they had these extremely gay trucker front style hats (like the ones shown except Ichiro)...they look soo retarded.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Maybe he shops here  http://www.neweracap.com/eshop3/productDet...mily_group=1005

They are still made.  Just harder to find.

Hmmm can you "find" a low profile 5950 Indians hat for me???

HA, yeah, that's the first thing I went looking for. My guess is they still have some Mariners stock laying around they are trying to sell off. I have three Indians low crowns with the old, larger logo (home and road for the collection, and a road to wear, as I'm too obsessed with my collection and need doubles of some hats so I don't "ruin" the collection ones by wearing them) but I haven't seen an Indians low crown one for sale for a couple of years.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived