NHL in Pink

beesharps

Here's a story that ran in various Canwest papers today across Canada regarding Reebok's new pink NHL jerseys geared towards women :

Ottawa Citizen - NHL Pink Jerseys

They didn't show a picture in the online edition, but there was one in the Edmonton Journal. The pattern shown (Maple Leafs) was nothing like the on ice version. Perhaps it's a hint of next year's Reebok makeover (minus the pink...?)

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Here's a story that ran in various Canwest papers today across Canada regarding Reebok's new pink NHL jerseys geared towards women :

Ottawa Citizen - NHL Pink Jerseys

They didn't show a picture in the online edition, but there was one in the Edmonton Journal. The pattern shown (Maple Leafs) was nothing like the on ice version. Perhaps it's a hint of next year's Reebok makeover (minus the pink...?)

If they go through whith this...and I haveno problem if they do. The HL is officially going into the NFL Reebok merketing tactics. It''l look kinda awkward to see a pink Canadiens jersey in the crowd. But, it'll still be overpowered by the massive amounts of regular jerseys. Even though I have no problem with them doing this, I don't think it's gonna be a good seller and they'll probably get rid of it after the first season of production.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Don't be surprised if the NHL forces all their teams to wear the pink jerseys for Mother's Day games next year, with the proceeds going for breast cancer research. That's what the MLB did this year with the pink bats.

I'm pretty sure that the MLB's pink bats on mother's day were optional-

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Don't be surprised if the NHL forces all their teams to wear the pink jerseys for Mother's Day games next year, with the proceeds going for breast cancer research. That's what the MLB did this year with the pink bats.

...and I'm sure it'll only be a few teams as Mother's Day is usually Conference Finals time

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

As the article alluded to, the Flyers had pink jerseys available late in the season. They were produced by Keith Primeau's company, Fury, and the lettering and numbers were all printed. The Flyers Wives had them on at the annual carnival and then they went on sale with about 6 player names to choose from a few weeks later. (Front Back)

I'm female but normally gravitate toward cooler colors like blue and green, but since it was a Flyers item and something a little different, I did consider getting one...until I saw how much they were charging. Considering I could get a customized replica for slightly less, the appeal wasn't strong enough. The Eagles in particular have done really well in town with pink merchandise, though, so there's definitely a market.

Imagine the Broadstreet Bullies of the 1970's in these babies. I don't think Bobby Clarke would have been AS intimidating.

16629.JPG

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hockey Hoes? It's PUCK BUNNIES. Show some respect!

I am strangely not offended by these. I would rather them make the TRADITIONAL jersey pink and white as opposed to them coming out with some bizarro world Nikefied fashon jersey with a "modernized" logo that some 20-something thinks is an improvement on the classic. Or worse yet, a black version.

...Oh yeah... they tried those... :(

BroncosSig.jpg

Archived