Browns New Jerseys and Training Camp Story

mohigan

OK . I know it's a point of contention. I know Pantone has proof that it is the same brown color value. But.....I was in Cleveland this past weekend and they have both "old" and "new" jerseys on display in most of the stores. And.......I'm sorry Pantone, but when you put them up "side by side" the new ones are darker.

I would compare it to the difference between milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Maybe it's the fabric or something else but they are definitely darker.

Also, I went to Brown training camp and they were having a "Locker Room Sale". Last years game worn jerseys(all three colors) for $100.00 , game socks, and the orange game pants ($20.00). As I examined the jerseys, I noticed how much better they were made. My question is, when you buy an "Official Game Jersey" for $200 plus dollars, are they the exact same jersey the players wear?

mike_helm_sm.gif

I had heard that they were supposed to be a darker Brown on the new jerseys, much like they had years ago. I don't know the jerseys well enough, nor have I seen them at all, to make the distinction, but I had heard that they are indeed supposed to be darker.

Also, I went to Brown training camp and they were having a "Locker Room Sale".  Last years game worn jerseys(all three colors) for $100.00 , game socks, and the orange game pants ($20.00).  As I examined the jerseys, I noticed how much better they were made.  My question is, when you buy an "Official Game Jersey" for $200 plus dollars, are they the exact same jersey the players wear?

assuming you're wondering if the "authentic" jerseys they sell in catalogs and the actual game-worn jerseys are the same, not exactly. I remember Robbman or somebody noting the distinction: authentics only come in one cut (though they are well-made, IIRC the materials used are the same as used on the field), while gameworns, obviously, are game worn and made to a player's exact specifications (short sleeves for RBs/WRs/LBs/DBs, microscopic sleeves for linemen, etc).

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Also, I went to Brown training camp and they were having a "Locker Room Sale".  Last years game worn jerseys(all three colors) for $100.00 , game socks, and the orange game pants ($20.00).  As I examined the jerseys, I noticed how much better they were made.  My question is, when you buy an "Official Game Jersey" for $200 plus dollars, are they the exact same jersey the players wear?

assuming you're wondering if the "authentic" jerseys they sell in catalogs and the actual game-worn jerseys are the same, not exactly. I remember Robbman or somebody noting the distinction: authentics only come in one cut (though they are well-made, IIRC the materials used are the same as used on the field), while gameworns, obviously, are game worn and made to a player's exact specifications (short sleeves for RBs/WRs/LBs/DBs, microscopic sleeves for linemen, etc).

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

It's pretty much the cut that is different. I took mine to a dry cleaner who doea alterations to make my jerseys fit better. I don't like the 7" sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived