Vince Young Gets His Own Logo...

ColeJ

Boy, isn't that going to suck for Reebok when he gets benched halfway through the season.  :hockeysmiley:

maybe in bizarro world...

you've gotta play to get benched. he's not starting the year as #1. if anything, he'll sit the first half, and then play in the second :)

billy volek is our starting qb.

Not for long, he isn't.

If he proves he can hang, he'll start by the time we play the Ex-cons...I mean the Ravens.

Wow, did Vince Young personally run over all your pets when you were younger? Talk about undeserved hate.

Reebok wants to market Vince Young on a bigger scale, so he gets his own logo (a la Shaq, Jordan, and Tiger.) It's not like he came up and refused to play or sign with Reebok if it didn't happen. How could this possibly make someone this upset?

No, but Reebok ran over all my sports teams.

I don't know about anyone else here, but for me, all the hate goes to Reebok for:

1) thinking every exceptional athelete needs his own logo, rather than letting it just happen once with Nike/Jordan.

2) marketing the living cr@p out of an unproven rookie backup quarterback

3) all the residual hate for non-related Reebok offenses (logo creep, the Buffaslug, "swift" hockey jersies, etc.)

(and while I mention the Buffaslug... clearly here the people at Reebok can create a halfway decent logo, as we see with the VY logo... so what the hell went wrong with the slug?)

I got no beef with Vince, though. He's just a kid out trying to grab a buck, hoping to live up to some pretty big expectations.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Wow, did Vince Young personally run over all your pets when you were younger?  Talk about undeserved hate.

Reebok wants to market Vince Young on a bigger scale, so he gets his own logo (a la Shaq, Jordan, and Tiger.)  It's not like he came up and refused to play or sign with Reebok if it didn't happen.  How could this possibly make someone this upset?

I don't know about anyone else here, but for me, all the hate goes to Reebok for:

1) thinking every exceptional athelete needs his own logo, rather than letting it just happen once with Nike/Jordan.

3) all the residual hate for non-related Reebok offenses (logo creep, the Buffaslug, "swift" hockey jersies, etc.)

(and while I mention the Buffaslug... clearly here the people at Reebok can create a halfway decent logo, as we see with the VY logo... so what the hell went wrong with the slug?)

I got no beef with Vince, though. He's just a kid out trying to grab a buck, hoping to live up to some pretty big expectations.

1. How many athletes actually have their own logo?

2. The guy won a National Championship in college and was the #3 pick in the draft, of course they are gonna market him a lot. He's very popular.

yankeesbanner3xe5.jpg

Wow, did Vince Young personally run over all your pets when you were younger?  Talk about undeserved hate.

Reebok wants to market Vince Young on a bigger scale, so he gets his own logo (a la Shaq, Jordan, and Tiger.)  It's not like he came up and refused to play or sign with Reebok if it didn't happen.  How could this possibly make someone this upset?

1. How many athletes actually have their own logo?

2. The guy won a National Championship in college and was the #3 pick in the draft, of course they are gonna market him a lot. He's very popular.

Yeah, I fail to see how this si different than when Lebron was an unproven kid out of high scholl who had his own logo. At least VY has proven something on a larger scale than Lebron did, though I have no problem with either of them having their own logos.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Yeah, I fail to see how this si different than when Lebron was an unproven kid out of high scholl who had his own logo.  At least VY has proven something on a larger scale than Lebron did, though I have no problem with either of them having their own logos.

I don't think it is different, however I don't think LeBron should have a logo either. I mean for God's sake, wait till you win a championship or something before you go giving yourself a logo like you're a team all by yourself.

I guess that's what I find most odeous about it... if somebody in a non-team sport (like Tiger Woods) wants to have his own logo... fine. Excellent. Go right ahead. But when Vince Young has his own logo, it's like saying "Screw that team logo, I play for the Vince logo!"

And even that's not fair, because it wasn't his idea! (or at least I would assume) It's like Reebok said "You're not a quarterback for Tennessee. You're Vince Young, bigger than the team" and that makes Vince come off as maybe a bigger @$$ than he should.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

e6_2.JPG

Someone else will probably find a larger image of this, but T-Mac also has (had?) his own logo......and didn't Penny and also Pippen have them, too? I'm too busy to look but I'm almost certain they both did.

The only thing I could find was possibly this shoe for Penny:

penny2_wht_blue_5.jpg

I can't tell if the design on the tongue is a personalized logo or not.

According to solepedia, here are his four shoes:

http://www.solepedia.com/Penny_Hardaway

e6_2.JPG

Someone else will probably find a larger image of this, but T-Mac also has (had?) his own logo......and didn't Penny and also Pippen have them, too? I'm too busy to look but I'm almost certain they both did.

The only thing I could find was possibly this shoe for Penny:

penny2_wht_blue_5.jpg

I can't tell if the design on the tongue is a personalized logo or not.

According to solepedia, here are his four shoes:

http://www.solepedia.com/Penny_Hardaway

lmfao did u guys see this

pennymg8.jpg

Yeah, I fail to see how this si different than when Lebron was an unproven kid out of high scholl who had his own logo.  At least VY has proven something on a larger scale than Lebron did, though I have no problem with either of them having their own logos.

I don't think it is different, however I don't think LeBron should have a logo either. I mean for God's sake, wait till you win a championship or something before you go giving yourself a logo like you're a team all by yourself.

I guess that's what I find most odeous about it... if somebody in a non-team sport (like Tiger Woods) wants to have his own logo... fine. Excellent. Go right ahead. But when Vince Young has his own logo, it's like saying "Screw that team logo, I play for the Vince logo!"

And even that's not fair, because it wasn't his idea! (or at least I would assume) It's like Reebok said "You're not a quarterback for Tennessee. You're Vince Young, bigger than the team" and that makes Vince come off as maybe a bigger @$$ than he should.

how exactly is it like saying you're above the team?

he doesn't even wear the logo on the field... he wears it on a wristband during practice... and nowhere at all on game days.

i'm just not following it...

and did reebok even make the buffaslug? i didn't think they did. i'm pretty sure that's the sabres choice, isn't it? the hockey company didn't create the mooterus.

Lots of athletes have their own logos.

Ken Griffey Jr. had one.

Penny

Shaq

Tracy McGrady

Tiger Woods

Jordan

The list could go on forever.

The bigger question is, why people on here who never have produced a single piece of artwork for pay think THEY need a logo....

Archived