Vince Young Gets His Own Logo...

ColeJ

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../608020419/1027

vylogo.jpg

Young shows signs

Reebok designs logo to market rookie QB

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

CLARKSVILLE ? Titans rookie quarterback Vince Young hasn't taken his first NFL snap, but there's one symbol that he's already arrived.

Like Tiger Woods, Young has his own logo. If fans attending training camp look closely at Young's light blue wristband, they can see it for themselves.

"I noticed it,'' running back Chris Brown said with a smile. "Hey, that's big-time. But when you're a high-profile guy like he is, that's what you expect.''

Even Young's not sure he expected a logo so soon. Not long after he signed with Reebok, however, discussions began about designing one exclusively for Young's merchandise. The third overall pick in the NFL Draft, Young signed a $58 million contract with the Titans last week.

Young had input on the look of the sleek logo ? inside what looks like a shield is a small V and a big Y.

For now he's showing it off on his wristband, but soon fans will be able to buy shirts, hats and just about everything else imaginable with the VY logo on it.

"It's going to be some nice exclusive stuff, so stay tuned,'' Young said.

And, of course, shoes are in the works. Reebok is coming out with a VY cross trainer shoe.

"Hopefully they'll be the second-most famous shoes in Tennessee, behind Elvis' blue suede shoes,'' said Eddie White, vice president of team properties for Reebok.

White said he hopes VY merchandise will be in stores by the fall.

Young, 23, said he's thrilled with the situation. Teammates who've seen his wristband seem pretty excited, too. Young said he has a shipment of some VY merchandise in the works for teammates who've asked about it.

"It is a dream really. Just looking at Deion Sanders, Junior Seau, guys like that who've had their own thing ? Michael Jordan has his own symbol. That is why I worked hard and that is why I have to keep a good image so I can get to the point to have the same thing as those guys," Young said.

"A lot of people look up to them and are inspired by guys like that and I want to be the same. Maybe kids out here can look at me and say, 'Hey I'd like to get my own (logo) one day like that,' and they'll work harder.''

Young is already one of Reebok's most marketable players and his jersey is a hot item nationally, White said.

The rookie is featured in a Reebok ad with Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, and more promotions are in the works.

In addition to Manning and Young, Reebok also counts Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb as clients.

"But there aren't many players in the entire league that have their own logo,'' White said. "Really, I think Vince is the future of Reebok football. And the faster he develops and plays the better it is for us.

"We are like the Titans. We can't wait to see the future come now. Trust me, we're as excited as Jeff Fisher is about Vince.''

Young is currently No. 2 on the depth chart at quarterback, behind veteran Billy Volek, "but "if Vince starts playing early, there will be great demand, and not only in Tennessee,'' White said. "The guy is certainly a cult figure in Texas.''

Young won't be wearing his logo during games, however. NFL players can wear whatever they want during practices, but on game days they're subject to strict regulations that keep uniforms, well, uniform.

So Young won't be able to wear his shoes during a game. If he wants to wear his VY wristband, he'll have to wear it inside out so the logo doesn't show.

Linebacker Keith Bulluck said he was unaware Young had a logo, but smiled when asked about it.

"It might just be smart business,'' he said. "So many people come after us athletes in so many different ways and at times take advantage. I guess now he has his own little trademark, he's got that staple. Yeah, I guess you could say that's his arrival to the big leagues.''

Boy, isn't that going to suck for Reebok when he gets benched halfway through the season. :hockeysmiley:

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Boy, isn't that going to suck for Reebok when he gets benched halfway through the season. :hockeysmiley:

maybe in bizarro world...

you've gotta play to get benched. he's not starting the year as #1. if anything, he'll sit the first half, and then play in the second :)

billy volek is our starting qb.

Boy, isn't that going to suck for Reebok when he gets benched halfway through the season.  :hockeysmiley:

maybe in bizarro world...

you've gotta play to get benched. he's not starting the year as #1. if anything, he'll sit the first half, and then play in the second :)

billy volek is our starting qb.

Even better!

Great job, Reebok! Maybe they'll give Tyrone Calico his own logo, too.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

"That is why I worked hard and that is why I have to keep a good image so I can get to the point to have the same thing as those guys," Young said.

Really? That's sad. I'd think best case these guys worked hard because they loved the game, and worst case because they loved money. But nope, they're working hard so they can have a personal logo and a good image.

Like Tiger Woods, Young has his own logo.

Unlike Tiger Woods, Young does not have 11 major championship victories. Or any victories for that matter.

except for a national championship with the longhorns, that is... <_<

but yeah... i didn't think this would get so much negative feedback... vince can't help it if reebok wants to market him this way. i know if i was in his position, and a company like reebok offered to design me my own personal logo, i'd think it was the greatest thing ever.

Like Tiger Woods, Young has his own logo.

Unlike Tiger Woods, Young does not have 11 major championship victories. Or any victories for that matter.

except for a national championship with the longhorns, that is... <_<

College football national championship is not a major championship. It's a nice championship, but it's trumped by the professional level.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../608020419/1027

vylogo.jpg

Young shows signs

Reebok designs logo to market rookie QB

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

CLARKSVILLE ? Titans rookie quarterback Vince Young hasn't taken his first NFL snap, but there's one symbol that he's already arrived.

Like Tiger Woods, Young has his own logo. If fans attending training camp look closely at Young's light blue wristband, they can see it for themselves.

"I noticed it,'' running back Chris Brown said with a smile. "Hey, that's big-time. But when you're a high-profile guy like he is, that's what you expect.''

Even Young's not sure he expected a logo so soon. Not long after he signed with Reebok, however, discussions began about designing one exclusively for Young's merchandise. The third overall pick in the NFL Draft, Young signed a $58 million contract with the Titans last week.

Young had input on the look of the sleek logo ? inside what looks like a shield is a small V and a big Y.

For now he's showing it off on his wristband, but soon fans will be able to buy shirts, hats and just about everything else imaginable with the VY logo on it.

"It's going to be some nice exclusive stuff, so stay tuned,'' Young said.

And, of course, shoes are in the works. Reebok is coming out with a VY cross trainer shoe.

"Hopefully they'll be the second-most famous shoes in Tennessee, behind Elvis' blue suede shoes,'' said Eddie White, vice president of team properties for Reebok.

White said he hopes VY merchandise will be in stores by the fall.

Young, 23, said he's thrilled with the situation. Teammates who've seen his wristband seem pretty excited, too. Young said he has a shipment of some VY merchandise in the works for teammates who've asked about it.

"It is a dream really. Just looking at Deion Sanders, Junior Seau, guys like that who've had their own thing ? Michael Jordan has his own symbol. That is why I worked hard and that is why I have to keep a good image so I can get to the point to have the same thing as those guys," Young said.

"A lot of people look up to them and are inspired by guys like that and I want to be the same. Maybe kids out here can look at me and say, 'Hey I'd like to get my own (logo) one day like that,' and they'll work harder.''

Young is already one of Reebok's most marketable players and his jersey is a hot item nationally, White said.

The rookie is featured in a Reebok ad with Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, and more promotions are in the works.

In addition to Manning and Young, Reebok also counts Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb as clients.

"But there aren't many players in the entire league that have their own logo,'' White said. "Really, I think Vince is the future of Reebok football. And the faster he develops and plays the better it is for us.

"We are like the Titans. We can't wait to see the future come now. Trust me, we're as excited as Jeff Fisher is about Vince.''

Young is currently No. 2 on the depth chart at quarterback, behind veteran Billy Volek, "but "if Vince starts playing early, there will be great demand, and not only in Tennessee,'' White said. "The guy is certainly a cult figure in Texas.''

Young won't be wearing his logo during games, however. NFL players can wear whatever they want during practices, but on game days they're subject to strict regulations that keep uniforms, well, uniform.

So Young won't be able to wear his shoes during a game. If he wants to wear his VY wristband, he'll have to wear it inside out so the logo doesn't show.

Linebacker Keith Bulluck said he was unaware Young had a logo, but smiled when asked about it.

"It might just be smart business,'' he said. "So many people come after us athletes in so many different ways and at times take advantage. I guess now he has his own little trademark, he's got that staple. Yeah, I guess you could say that's his arrival to the big leagues.''

I'm predicting that he's gonna have a :censored:ty year this season. He isn't going to be as good as the critics say.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I cant beleive this thread has been alive this long without anyone pointing out this:

ATL_2266.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm not surprised Reebok did this. Vince Young is a very marketable NFL player, I'm sure they've already sold tons of VY jerseys. I don't think him having his own logo is that big of a deal.

yankeesbanner3xe5.jpg

Either it's that, or a dandy flower... ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

i didn't think this would get so much negative feedback...

You should always expect negativity. This place is crawling with people who chug down Haterade all day every day.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow, did Vince Young personally run over all your pets when you were younger? Talk about undeserved hate.

Reebok wants to market Vince Young on a bigger scale, so he gets his own logo (a la Shaq, Jordan, and Tiger.) It's not like he came up and refused to play or sign with Reebok if it didn't happen. How could this possibly make someone this upset?

As for "he hasn't won anything," neither had Shaq when he got his own logo. I don't think Tiger had when he first got the TW logo either, though I could be wrong there.

I don't see how this in any way is a comment on him being greedy or not loving the game of football.

And yes, he's going to start the season on the bench, as pretty much every rookie QB does unless they play for a desperate team who has no other option. Volek is a capable QB, but this is eventually going to be VY's team.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

vince carter had his own logo. it really means nothing.

shox_logo.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot that. Wow, talk about trying to do way too much with such a little space. I think Lebron (who also had his own logo before playing an NBA game) has a better "initials/number" logo.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived