Colt .45s Concept

floydnimrod

The orange side panels seem very out of place since this is basically a throwback uniform. Also, other than the Astros connection, not sure why you put a star on the hat. A star has nothing to do with a Colt 45.

I'd take off the numbers on the home jersey. Having a number right below the "45" is just too many numbers. Maybe make the "Colt" bigger and take up the whole breast, and have "45s" on the front where the player number would be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

While I'm not sure it would be the best font for this concept, the current Astros font would fit better with the Colt 45's than it does with the Astros. Also, using the star logo isn't too bad an idea; colt 45's sounds like an allusion to the old West, and the star can be viewed as a sheriff's star (plus everything in Texas seems to involve a lone star in someway or another).

Are the orange side panels on the jersey supposed to line up with the pant somehow?

The numbers on the front are too big. And on the home jersey, putting a player number right below the number 45 is distracting. I'd ditch the jersey-front numbers on the home jersey.

If you're going to make a star-for-Texas cap, there are a number of things you should do. First among them is find a team named "Texas" instead of "Houston." But the one thing you must do if you're going to have a star-for-Texas cap is switch to red, white, and blue. I guarantee that pretty much nobody is ever going to look at a blue-and-orange star and think to themselves, "That must be for Texas."

Also, the jersey side panels really need to work better with the pants stripes. They don't have to be identical or line up or anything, but right now the two elements clash. A thick, solid-orange stripe on the pants would do the trick, as would adding some blue to the jersey side panels.

The alternate is one of my least favorite of all time, but keep in mind that I don't like alternate uniforms in general. But putting the star -- which nobody is going to understand stands for Texas, but even if they do it won't make any sense because this team is called the "Houston Colt .45s" -- on the chest instead of an H or a .45s or a picture of a pistol is just confusing.

Finally, in the home script, the C is in the shape of smoke drifting from the discharge of a Colt pistol. Possibly even a .45. Take away that pistol, as you've done, and it's just a randomly wispy C. If you're going to remove such a critical element of a logo, you need to redesign the remaining elements that depend on the bit you've removed to make visual sense. When I look at the home script, it's like there's a neon sign saying "something is missing here!" That's not an effect that good design has on the viewer.

20082614447.png

Another in paint, here it is.

home and away

coltszu9.png

alternate

coltsaltyg9.png

I don't really like the font on this one but I don't know what to use.

I'm thinking about changing the alt a little bit too.

I like everything except for the alternate and I think the star should have the original H.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

if this was an Astros concept, I'd get the star's presence. However it's not, so I'm not sure why it's here. if you had something more than paint, I'd suggest making an alt logo of crossing pistols or crossing bullets.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

if this was an Astros concept, I'd get the star's presence. However it's not, so I'm not sure why it's here. if you had something more than paint, I'd suggest making an alt logo of crossing pistols or crossing bullets.

That would be an awesome idea.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Archived