What could have been . . . Yankees Road Unis

kenclark

ive been saying for years that the yanks should drop all white and piping from the road unis.

just simple grey with blue NEW YORK.

classic.

simple.

Amen !!!

Didn't the Tigers also wear a navy reverse of their classic home uniforms way, way, way back in the day?

Here's a picture of a young Ty Cobb wearing them...

cobb.jpg

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

It would look a whole lot better than their boring grey roads.... Didn't the Tigers also wear a navy reverse of their classic home uniforms way, way, way back in the day?

Yeah, they had blue with white collars back in the early 1900s. You could get em in MVP Baseball videogames...not sure about 'The Show' or '2k6'

Found a pic:

al_1906_detroit.gif

1906 Detroit Tigers

MLB gamer, and yup, MLB does have that Tigers set, as well as that 1917 Sox set and an all-navy Indians road from that era. heh, the memory card I had my MLB ish on went bad last month, so I forget what other teams in the game have navy/black roads as throwbacks.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

They look fine if you remove the white pinstripes and make them solid navy blue.

pGO1-935821dt.jpg

I am urgently waiting for the day these become a real uniform. For those who don't know they're the BP Jersey.

Don't hold your breath.

It's only been in recent years that the Yankees wore their BP jerseys in Spring Training. I remember hearing that Steinbrenner was totally against their wearing the navy jerseys in spring training games.

For the longest time I was told there was a rule (in the pre-YES days) that when a spring training game was being shown in New York from Florida and the Yankees were playing at home, they needed to wear their pinstripes.

Archived