Placement of Stanley Cup Patch

hjwii

I'm not convinced there are any real standardized "dimensions". Other than finding out what the Canes and Oilers did, I think that's about all you can do. I remember when my Rangers won the cup, they wore the patch on their shoulders, due to the 'R' on the jersey.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

The placement varies by team, mainly because how the particular jersey is cut. On the normal cut jersey which Carolina has and Hartford wore, it should be 2-3" from the corner.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Wowsers... the last time I was attacked this much was when I fell into a pile of red ants... or was it when I caught the same beads as that grandma next to me during Mardi Gras and she felt she was more deserving...

So, ummmm, I suppose I shouldn't hum "Brass Bonanza" each time Carolina scores, huh?

And those who were answering the original question, thank you for your help...

hjwii :blink:

Dude, it's your jersey, and hell, if putting this year's Stanley Cup patch on your Whalers jersey puts a smile on your face, then do it. Good luck finding the specs on where to place it.

Seriously...if something like putting a cool patch on a Whalers jersey makes you happy, then do it. B) I can think of alot worse things.

its funny, this board is chalked full of people that hate any fanshion iteams(hats, jeresys, etc.) and has an entire thread dedicated to how some teams dont have matching colors in their unis(cowboys). or even better yet, threads about fake jeresys on EBAY. When people point out how it wouldnt make any sense to do what he is asking about. they get jumped on. i bet if this guy cam walking down the road with this jeresy on and anyone of you saw him. you would scoff at it as another fake uni.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

its funny, this board is chalked full of people that hate any fanshion iteams(hats, jeresys, etc.) and has an entire thread dedicated to how some teams dont have matching colors in their unis(cowboys). or even better yet, threads about fake jeresys on EBAY. When people point out how it wouldnt make any sense to do what he is asking about. they get jumped on. i bet if this guy cam walking down the road with this jeresy on and anyone of you saw him. you would scoff at it as another fake uni.

i'd give him a high five...

whalers are cool :) and i have to admit, part of the reason i could stomach the canes winning the cup, was because i kept telling myself they're the decendents of my old beloved whalers.

they aren't like the stars, or rams, or cardinals, who actually are exactly the same team, but just in a new city...

but they're still, in many ways, a decendent of the whalers, and FAR from "ravens/browns" status.

whalers are cool :) and i have to admit, part of the reason i could stomach the canes winning the cup, was because i kept telling myself they're the decendents of my old beloved whalers.

they aren't like the stars, or rams, or cardinals, who actually are exactly the same team, but just in a new city...

but they're still, in many ways, a decendent of the whalers, and FAR from "ravens/browns" status.

how so?

have had 2 coaches and many players come and gone since then. so how are t hey a decendent and not a new team like the BROWN/Ratbirds

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

how so?

have had 2 coaches and many players come and gone since then. so how are t hey a decendent and not a new team like the BROWN/Ratbirds

Well what I think he's trying to say is that if someone put a Raven's Super Bowl patch on a Browns jersey it would seem stupid because the NFL expanded and a new Cleaveland Browns were born. If the NHL expanded and Hartford got a new team and decided to use the Whalers as a nickname and to use the same logo and uniform style putting a Canes Stanley Cup patch on a Whalers jersey would be just stupid.

That's how they're differant than the Browns/Ravens.

how so?

Well what I think he's trying to say is that if someone put a Raven's Super Bowl patch on a Browns jersey it would seem stupid because the NFL expanded and a new Cleaveland Browns were born. If the NHL expanded and Hartford got a new team and decided to use the Whalers as a nickname and to use the same logo and uniform style putting a Canes Stanley Cup patch on a Whalers jersey would be just stupid.

That's how they're differant than the Browns/Ravens.

sorry about the dp

Okay...okay... I've got a question:

Let's say the Dallas Stars have a "Vintage" jersey night (isn't that what the NHL basically calls "throwbacks" or retro jerseys?)...

And on that night, Dallas wears an old Northstars jersey, the one with the big N on it. And, being that they are host of the All Star Game, they stitch the ASG patch on that old Minnesota jersey. Does that create an issue with the purists out there? I mean, afterall, it's not on a Dallas jersey; or is it acceptable since it is still the Dallas team?

And, I do understand where the lot of you come from being against putting a patch on a team that no longer exists. But, perhaps a lil tact is needed: you don't need to be so harsh. I love these boards here, but I would never post an idea or concept. I believe I do have some good ideas, but I don't have the programs or artistic talent to pull it off; and, a lot of the criticism is just down right mean... *pushing my soap box back under the table*

Okay...back to being an open target. Thanks for your help and let the rants continue...

hjwii

Okay...okay... I've got a question:

Let's say the Dallas Stars have a "Vintage" jersey night (isn't that what the NHL basically calls "throwbacks" or retro jerseys?)...

And on that night, Dallas wears an old Northstars jersey, the one with the big N on it. And, being that they are host of the All Star Game, they stitch the ASG patch on that old Minnesota jersey. Does that create an issue with the purists out there? I mean, afterall, it's not on a Dallas jersey; or is it acceptable since it is still the Dallas team?

And, I do understand where the lot of you come from being against putting a patch on a team that no longer exists. But, perhaps a lil tact is needed: you don't need to be so harsh. I love these boards here, but I would never post an idea or concept. I believe I do have some good ideas, but I don't have the programs or artistic talent to pull it off; and, a lot of the criticism is just down right mean... *pushing my soap box back under the table*

Okay...back to being an open target. Thanks for your help and let the rants continue...

hjwii

If Dallas was to do something like this, I would be ok with it only in the regard that the throwback sweater was actually worn in the game during the season with said patch.

And I think this is a big rule of thumb for a lot of us here - while we might disagree over the appropriateness of wearing certain designs and/or patches by teams, if they are actally worn during season then it is somewhat ok to reproduce those for our own use.

patriotssignature.png

Archived