Placement of Stanley Cup Patch

hjwii

So, riddle me this...

I have my old Whalers jersey, and I have the 2006 Stanley Cup patch. Can anyone give me the correct placement for the patch on the sweater (ie, X inches from the top, X inches from the side)? Perhaps there is a NHL uniform site that spells this out?

Anyways, thanks for your help,

hjwii

Oh, and where do I find instruction for putting a signature or graphic on these lil posts?

why did you post this 3 times? Next time just try and click the post button once.

There seems to be an epidemic of members posting the same topic multiple times lately. :wacko:

That patch belongs on a Carolina Hurricanes OR Edmonton Oilers jersey since the Oilers were in the final.

I saw, I came, I left.

why did you post this 3 times?  Next time just try and click the post button once. 

There seems to be an epidemic of members posting the same topic multiple times lately. :wacko:

maybe it has something to do with the problem someone was mentioning about sending PMs

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Awwww...c'mon guys, I'm just having a lil fun with my old jersey. It's not like I'm trying to debate the move or anything. Think of it as "turn back the clock night", but on a much longer basis...

As for the posting three times, I kept getting an error of some sort, and everytime I went back and did it again, it obviously posted each time. I tried to see if I could delete it, but I couldn't. Sorry...

hjwii :rolleyes:

Not for nothing,

But if had a vintage Whalers sweater, I sure as hell wouldn't put anything on it that Hartford (or NE if applicable) didn't put on when they played in the NHL.

The relative scarcity of these sweaters only reinforces this point.

patriotssignature.png

So, riddle me this...

I have my old Whalers jersey, and I have the 2006 Stanley Cup patch.  Can anyone give me the correct placement for the patch on the sweater (ie, X inches from the top, X inches from the side)?  Perhaps there is a NHL uniform site that spells this out?

Anyways, thanks for your help,

hjwii

Oh, and where do I find instruction for putting a signature or graphic on these lil posts?

proper place meant would be on the Canes jersey.

man it would be like me buying a BROWNS jeresy and putting the Ravens Super Bowl patch on that. it would look beyond retarded.

opps already said.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

When I bought the 2003 Stanley Cup Patch for my Ducks jersey (before the Finals even started) I just took an estimate to put it on the front left chest area where it looks like it should be. Make a sort of square area from the seam where the sleeve meets the shoulder panel to the left edge of the collar to the top left corner of the crest to the bottom edge of the sleeve seam. Place in the middle of this imaginary square (upright) and it should look okay.

Mind you, the Hartford Whalers never made it to a Stanley Cup Finals, so it's going to look pretty weird.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Wow, this is even starting to annoy me. He's not asking for your opinions on the wisdom of putting a Stanley Cup patch on a Whalers jersey... he's asking where it would go if he were to want to do that. I think now plenty of people have expressed that they, themselves, wouldn't do it. But guess what... he WOULD. And wants to. All he wants is some help figuring out if there's any guidelines for stuff like this.

Personally, I think you should see if you can locate some pictures of Canes/Oilers jersies with the patch and guesstemate it.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Here's a novel idea..I'll try to answer your question.

Aside from the NHL Style Guide, which is only privy to an extremely select group of individuals, I don't know that there is any guide to patch placement.

It would probably be easier to look at as many pictures as possible from the last few Stanley Cups and guess at the placement. Most teams seem to use the same general area, unless they already have patches on the jersey at the same location.

Judging by some wallpapers on the Hurricanes' site, I'd say the middle of the patch is about 6-8" inches to the left of the collar (looking directly at the jersey), and the vertical midpoint is even with the point of the collar.

If you're off by an inch or two, I don't think it would make a difference...there are most likely subtle variations in placement from jersey to jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wowsers... the last time I was attacked this much was when I fell into a pile of red ants... or was it when I caught the same beads as that grandma next to me during Mardi Gras and she felt she was more deserving...

So, ummmm, I suppose I shouldn't hum "Brass Bonanza" each time Carolina scores, huh?

And those who were answering the original question, thank you for your help...

hjwii :blink:

Archived