Sooners... No Names?!?

thinkkre8tiv

Did anyone else get to watch the OU vs UAB game this weekend and notice that OU removed the names off of the jerseys?? I was wondering if anyone had any info on this and to why they did this. Personally I like it just trying to figure out why???

This happened because of OU going to the new model Nike jersey. They didn't like that narrow round font that Nike has been using for the letters on the back, and didn't know how longer names would fit on the tighter jerseys. So, as a result, they thought that it would be better if they took the names off of the back of the jersey. I like it. It makes OU's unis look even more traditional. The only drawback is that it now makes their uniforms look even more like Indiana's.

They didn't like that narrow round font that Nike has been using for the letters on the back, and didn't know how longer names would fit on the tighter jerseys.

What, the font on the Miami jerseys? Michigan, Georgia, and Ohio State all went to the tighter fits and kept their previous fonts (or at least didn't switch to a rounder font).

This happened because of OU going to the new model Nike jersey. They didn't like that narrow round font that Nike has been using for the letters on the back, and didn't know how longer names would fit on the tighter jerseys.

I heard that it was because Stoops just got tired of the media scrutiny around the QB fiasco. He wanted to get the message to the kids about the whole "TEAM" speech. Heard it on Rivals Radio on Sirius one morning a few weeks ago from the Oklahoma beat writer.

SignatureCCSL.png

Archived