Hey ref..

Cyclopsis Joe

They used to have the buzzer but it malfunctioned too much so they took it out 2 years ago.  Is the NFL not smart enough to create a buzzer that works?

That's "malfunctioned" - the coaches would use the buzzer just to call a ref over so they could yell at them.

What they should to do is set up wireless remotely triggered lights on the down/LoS markers and give the coaches remotes for them. Somebody ought to see a spinning/flashing light (or lights, maybe different colors for home/visitor) on the top of a down/LoS marker. To prevent accidents, make the remote require two buttons to be pressed at the same time.

or the coach could just throw the flag in front of a referee

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

They used to have the buzzer but it malfunctioned too much so they took it out 2 years ago.  Is the NFL not smart enough to create a buzzer that works?

That's "malfunctioned" - the coaches would use the buzzer just to call a ref over so they could yell at them.

What they should to do is set up wireless remotely triggered lights on the down/LoS markers and give the coaches remotes for them. Somebody ought to see a spinning/flashing light (or lights, maybe different colors for home/visitor) on the top of a down/LoS marker. To prevent accidents, make the remote require two buttons to be pressed at the same time.

With a 7-digit PIN and a retina macth validation mechanism, plus a urine sample...

I know, remote contrloed elictrical devices that sends a shock to the refs A$$...

:wacko:

Saban messed up, Culpepper choked, let's move on...

It's even more obvious (and funny) when they show the replay in slow motion

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

If anyone remembers anything about this guy later on in his career, that'll be one of them--the challenge that wasn't...

bucco b, I like what you say, but I disagree with that.

If the Dolphins win 10 or 11 games this year and earn a wild card, no one will remember a thing. If they don't win 10 games this year, people will likely have more to think about (and forget) than an odd situation in week 1...and I highly doubt Dolphins fans will make last night "one to remember" for years to come.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

wib, NBC synched up its replay shots and Saban tossed the red flag less than one full second before the Steelers snapped the ball. And that was in slow-motion.

Saban was weak here. But I just loved the look on his face after he threw the flag and the refs didn't notice...

09NFL.1.600.jpg

"Hello?"

I can't find the video either, BTW.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived