Two-A-Days

buckeyes

Ok so im not sure if any of you watch the high school football show Two-A-Days but they have some snazy uniforms, most of the time. In the introduction they show them wearing black and orange versions of miamis current jerseys when the players are in action but at the very end they are just wearing a simple black jersey similar to their home one. has anybody else noticed this? ill try to post some pics.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

I've noticed this. The font gives it away really quick. They probably are older photo shoots. They probably had standard uniforms and with their success as a program, along with the TV show, Nike probably jumped in and threw them the "cane" template for exposure.

KISSwall09.jpg

Hoover high has had top-of-the line Nike uniforms for several years.

sorry, but "top of the line" and "nike" should never appear together in a sentence, unless said sentence reads: "nike strives to be top of the line, but fails miserably each time."

All of this show is from their 2005 season. Here's a spoiler: They go 14-1 (including playoffs) and win their 4th striaght 6A state championship and 5th over all.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

ok i found the pictures that ive been looking for

during the intro:

hoover.jpg

hoover2.jpg

hoover4.jpg

hoover5.jpg

an action shot:

hoover3.jpg

you can tell that these jerseys are very different, anybody know whats up? maybe they changed uniforms after these players left and they came back to do the intro and they just used the new jerseys. i think that going from the miami jerseys to the ones that they are shown in is a major downgrade.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

All of this show is from their 2005 season.  Here's a spoiler:  They go 14-1 (including playoffs) and win their 4th striaght 6A state championship and 5th over all.

That one loss was to my alma mater the Tuscaloosa County High Wildcats. FWIW,TCHS ended Hoover's unbeaten streak in 2003 also but both yrs,they met in the state playoffs again and Hoover beat them both times.The QB that ran all over Hoover in that game was Deon Williams(#7). He went to Valdosta St in GA. He was measured at 5'11" with no shoes on and all of the major colleges (USC,FSU Texas,Alabama) stopped calling him because he wasn't 6'0". On the jersey deal mentioned......the block lettered jerseys were worn in the 2004 season. The ones on the show were worn in 2005 and this yr.

2qluyo7.png

Hoover usually alternated new sets every season. They would buy the road set of on template and then buy the home version the following season. That is a very common practice for many high schools. Last season, they wore the Miami template on the road, and a standard template at home. And, a few seasons back, they wore the standard Nike uniforms on the road, and Russell uniforms at home.

However, I don't think that I will ever watch the show. I really dislike Hoover. My high school alma mater, the Prattville Lions, are usually second banana to Hoover every year. When they're #1 in the state, we are usually #2.

Archived