Game worn Bears jersey on eBay

Chazberg

Found this on eBay, Not sure whether it's actually game worn or not, but I noticed something extremely strange: The left sleeve has the Nike swoosh, the right sleeve has the Reebok vector! Now the description says "team alterations", so could this possibly mean replacing one of the sleeves and thus winding up with the new Reebok logo? Very puzzling. I wish I knew if he really took the field in this thing. :wacko:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Bears-W-Holdma...1QQcmdZViewItem

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears took an old Nike jersey and just updated it for a later season, even adding Reebok logos (one of which might have fallen off).

The on-field authentics aren't actually made by Reebok or Nike, but by a small company in Wisconsin. Then the manufacturer tags are added.

Uncommon for a player to use the same jersey in successive years, but not unheard of.

My concern is the jock tag - I think the 99 authentic jerseys had the standard white jock tags. Don't know about the Bears, but the Packers sure did.

When the Arizona Diamondbacks switched from Russell Athletic to Rawlings (I think it was 1999) they had some Russell jerseys that they stitched a Rawlings R patch over the Russell R on the sleeve. Of course on MLB jerseys, the logos are only on one sleeve

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears took an old Nike jersey and just updated it for a later season, even adding Reebok logos (one of which might have fallen off).

Uncommon for a player to use the same jersey in successive years, but not unheard of.

My concern is the jock tag - I think the 99 authentic jerseys had the standard white jock tags. Don't know about the Bears, but the Packers sure did.

My concern is the Walter Payton patch. The Bears wore the patch in '99 or 2000 (Nike jerseys), and I don't they left them on when Reebok took over...so why is the patch still on that jersey on eBay?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The on-field authentics aren't actually made by Reebok or Nike, but by a small company in Wisconsin. Then the manufacturer tags are added.

In fact, this factory (Ripon Athletic) has made the Bears jerseys for both Nike and Reebok. So, a mixup like this is possible.

Archived