Most pathetic moment in Baseball history

FiddySicks

Well, it just seems whenever something of a similar magnitude happens, it happens to the Padres. 7 pitcher no-hitter? Check. 9 walk no-hitter? Check. Drawing the "team of the decade" in both World Series appearances? Check. Giving up a 4-0 lead, going back up 9-5 in the bottom of the 9th, allowing lead off BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK homers on 5 pitches to tie it, take the lead the next inning only to blow it again by giving up a walk and game-winning homer before recording an out? Check.

Still, that NL West lead lasted all of about 22 hours. No predictions yet on the playoffs, but I still like our chances. Embarassing loss? Yes. Did I fall asleep with tears in my eyes? Yes. Did it ruin the entire next day? Almost...once they beat the Diamondbacks, I knew it didn't phase them and at that moment, I was totally over it.

Lesson to Cubs and Red Sox fans: learn to forget. Whether it's a goat or a fat whore-beater, it's the only way to keep yourself from sounding like a whining loser.

Speaking of...forget that whole first paragraph. I never wrote it.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

The most pathetic time is baseball was when Derek Jeter went towards foul territory, caught the ball, took 6 steps, then lep into the air, touched his toes in a full pike, and put his face into the stands to the loving adoring masses of Yankees fans and all sportscasters to immediately not only over-react, but to kneel down before him, mouths wide, awaiting to service the most over rated player is baseball

Derek Jeter is the King of overrated defensive plays. His two gold gloves and the recognition he recieves for his defense, despite below average range, speak volumes to that.

Not to mention that wasn't even the best defensive play of that GAME. BUT, it was media darling Derek Jeter, and so as such, he is revered and exalted by the media. Ho hum ho hum...

Yep, Pokey Reese made a simlar play earlier in the game. It was arguably better, but everyone was s****ing themselves over what a great play Jeter made. Pokey got no praise at all.

The most pathetic moment in baseball history (since it doesn't say it had to happen on the field) is Pete Rose selling autographed baseballs saying "Sorry I bet on baseball." Is he that hard up for cash? Doesn't get more pathetic than that.

Archived