Luongo's new mask

steve61

It's nice work, but not really original, reminds me too much of Théodore's Habs (RIP).

Not to hi-jack this topic, but best mask out there is by far Ryan Miller's, unfortunately, I'm afraid his awesome design may not translate well into the new colour scheme (unless he already had it repainteed?)

LINK

As of last Saturday Miler did not repaint his mask. But he is supposed to play tonight so there may be photos soon, if he repainted it by now.

saBS.png

I don't know where you get Theodore's old mask from Luongo's one. Theodore had gargoyles on his...kinda like Turco. As for the bear comment, well the Canucks are BC's team and a bear is a good representation of BC. The mask that looks like a moon could represent his boyhood idol Grant Fuhr, if you read article on the Victoria Times Colonist website. As for the colours, last time I checked those were Canucks colours. Since when was concrete grey a Canuck colour?

His Colorado one has the Roman numeral LX (60) where his Montreal buildings used to be. But the color scheme and basic layout is pretty similar, especially to his Canadiens version.

Is there any sites out there that show a varitey of both new and old masks? I love the creativity on some, however i find it difficult to recall certain ones that people talk about?

the goailes archieve

its okay. defiantly better than cloutiers aulds. aI just dont like how he has the panther tail on the back. Your a Canucks now Roberto forget about the panthers.

doesn't it look like the moon is about to crash in to the mountain on the side?

just on top of the red... buildings?

EDIT: I know what I'm looking at is just the hole in the side of the mask, but it looks like the moon to me in that pic. But the red building things I don't get.

luongomaskside_b.jpg

If you look at the thing you think is the moon closly i think it looks more like a goalie mask of old. You can see the nose where the shading is.

example...

bernie.jpg

Archived