Saints Sell Out Season Tickets

MadmanLA

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-s...ov=ap&type=lgns

This from Yahoo Sports...

Saints sell out season tickets

September 19, 2006

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The New Orleans Saints officially sold out the entire regular-season home schedule in the Louisiana Superdome.

It is the first time in the history of the franchise, founded in 1967, that every available seat is owned by a season ticket holder.

im telling you, this franchise can survive in new orleans! there are people all around the gulf region that travel to the games. football is huge in this part of the country. the reggie bush pick is definitely what has been the selling point, though!

Corporate support is the concern here, as that part of the base has really eroded. And also, note this is the first time in club history that they've sold this many tickets. I wouldn't say it's 100% certain they stay. More like 80%.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

im telling you, this franchise can survive in new orleans! there are people all around the gulf region that travel to the games.  football is huge in this part of the country.  the reggie bush pick is definitely what has been the selling point, though!

Corporate support is the concern here, as that part of the base has really eroded. And also, note this is the first time in club history that they've sold this many tickets. I wouldn't say it's 100% certain they stay. More like 80%.

Blah blah blah. :D

Well, I wish you were wrong but that will be important. The time is gone when simple things like rabid fan support were the most important thing. Now you have to sell the suites.

But I hope this puts to rest once and for all the BS about the Saints' fans not being supportive. Those threads really p***ed me off because anyone with more than a casual knowledge of the team's history knows they've been staunchly supported since they entered the NFL in 1967. The fans have stuck with them far beyond what their performance earned, that's for sure.

Among other places, I've lived in N.O., Dallas-Fort Worth, and Atlanta and if you want to see fair weather fandom at work, check out Texas Stadium or Turner Field when the Cowboys or Braves are on a slide. If either of those franchises went 35 years without winning a playoff game you wouldn't have enough fans present at games to fill Little League bleachers. It astounds me that the Braves usually have tickets available on game day...for playoff games! :blink:

OK, I'm down off my soap box. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Don't get me wrong, I think the Saints should stay in New Orleans, but you do have to take into consideration that there's an outside chance they bolt. We all know how badly the NFL wants to be in LA. As for the Hornets, they might as well give Oklahoma City a shot, since they were hardly a success in New Orleans, but the Saints are New Orleans's team, and their relocation should be avoided until absolutely necessary.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

im telling you, this franchise can survive in new orleans! there are people all around the gulf region that travel to the games.  football is huge in this part of the country.  the reggie bush pick is definitely what has been the selling point, though!

Well, I wish you were wrong but that will be important. The time is gone when simple things like rabid fan support were the most important thing. Now you have to sell the suites.

But I hope this puts to rest once and for all the BS about the Saints' fans not being supportive. Those threads really p***ed me off because anyone with more than a casual knowledge of the team's history knows they've been staunchly supported since they entered the NFL in 1967. The fans have stuck with them far beyond what their performance earned, that's for sure.

Among other places, I've lived in N.O., Dallas-Fort Worth, and Atlanta and if you want to see fair weather fandom at work, check out Texas Stadium or Turner Field when the Cowboys or Braves are on a slide. If either of those franchises went 35 years without winning a playoff game you wouldn't have enough fans present at games to fill Little League bleachers. It astounds me that the Braves usually have tickets available on game day...for playoff games! :blink:

But Braves fans don't go to the game then wear bags on their heads.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Wait a couple of years.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wait a couple of years.

We have one bad year, that means that we're going to be like the Cubs?

Please.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived