100 years of La Sainte Flanelle...

Le Québécois

Yeap, in 2009, it will be the 100th anniversary of the greatest hockey franchise there is...

Les Canadiens de Montréal...

I know that a couple of people in here tried to redo this legendary uniform and they almost got crucified.

I, myself was very critical of these attempts... :mad:

I went to the pre-season game tuesday against TB and they showed a video in which we saw all of the uniforms that Les Canadiens wore during the last century...

And I thought to myself what if the people in charge of the festivities would decide that for the whole 2009-2010 season, my team would wear all of those uniforms... :grin:

I think my favorite one would be one of the earliest they wore... I imagined it would look like this concept...

special_ch.png

I wanted to make the pants blue but it reminds me too much of a certain team that I hate soooooo much with a blue and white uniform.... :cursing:

anyway, c and c are welcome.. As always from me, done in MSPaint....

thank you!

(if you wanna make your own concept of an uniform they might use during that season, you're welcome)...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

The mail problem I have with this is that nothing really matches. It seems like the jerseys and pants need some sort of red in them. THe idea is great, but I just think the jersey, socks, and pants should unite a bit better than what they are here.

Wonderful!

Take a Leaf Jersey, slap a "C" on it, add some Winnipeg Jets pants and it's supposed to look like some kind a retro Habs thing...

Sorry!  Doesn't work for me!

Like it or not, it is a retro Habs thing. Montreal wore blue for a while before the Leafs franchise existed.

Canadiens Sweater History

. . . and how do you know those aren't mid-90s Team Canada Pants?

Wonderful!

Take a Leaf Jersey, slap a "C" on it, add some Winnipeg Jets pants and it's supposed to look like some kind a retro Habs thing...

Like Gordie said, this uniform was once wore by the Canadiens players...

THe idea is great, but I just think the jersey, socks, and pants should unite a bit better than what they are here.

yeah youère right... The only thing is that when you see films of players wearing this sweater, it's black and white. So I don't know what was the color of the pants (my guess is that they were beige like the gloves) but like I said, it's a concept...

I will re-edit it later tonight thought...

thanx

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Wonderful!

Like Gordie said, this uniform was once wore by the Canadiens players...

THe idea is great, but I just think the jersey, socks, and pants should unite a bit better than what they are here.

yeah youère right... The only thing is that when you see films of players wearing this sweater, it's black and white. So I don't know what was the color of the pants (my guess is that they were beige like the gloves) but like I said, it's a concept...

I will re-edit it later tonight thought...

thanx

On the link Gordie slapped up here, it said they wore white pants with sold red socks.

On that same link, they have a barberpole jersey as well.

Archived