Tim Salmon...

Shumway

With Tim Salmon's homerun last night, his career total is at 299. He'll be retiring at the end of the season, meaning he has 4 games to get the 300 milestone. I'm hoping Scoscia is going to give him as many ABs as possible, since the Angels are officially out of playoffs. I really think he'll do it if he has enough at-bats.

Anyone care to discuss? I guess we could discuss whether or not he'd be a future HOFer I suppose as well.

As of today, his stats:

AVG.: .282

HR: 299

Hits: 1,671

Games: 1,668

Runs: 985

RBI: 1,015

SB: 48

OBP: .385

SLG: .499

I'm doubting he has the numbers to go into the hall, although I'd love to see him in there.

definately not a hall of famer... not even close my friend.

but i hope he gets 300, that'd be a nice way to end a career

Well his numbers been retired by Grand Canyon University and Greenway High School here in the Phoenix Area and is already a member of the Arizona High School Hall of Fame. So yeah he is a member of the Hall of Fame, but not the Pro Baseball Hall of Fame. But all around good guy and good player

A nice career Angels should retire his #

I have no doubt his number'll get retired in Anaheim. He holds the franchise record in several offensive categories, including HRs.

LMU- Is Hudler that bad? Obviously, since I live in freakin' Lancaster, PA, I don't get to watch the Angels much. He's decent in MLB 06: The Show, but on a live broadcast, he could be awful.

LMU- Is Hudler that bad? Obviously, since I live in freakin' Lancaster, PA, I don't get to watch the Angels much. He's decent in MLB 06: The Show, but on a live broadcast, he could be awful.

To best describe Rex Hudler, he always acts like he has ADHD, is high on caffeine, and on a sugar rush all at the same time. When on screen, he ALWAYS is either holding or throwing a baseball around, and he seems to state the obvious worse than Madden. Plus, if I have to hear "you got to go!" one more time after an out, I'll pull my hair out.

VmWIn6B.png

To best describe Rex Hudler, he always acts like he has ADHD, is high on caffeine, and on a sugar rush all at the same time. When on screen, he ALWAYS is either holding or throwing a baseball around, and he seems to state the obvious worse than Madden. Plus, if I have to hear "you got to go!" one more time after an out, I'll pull my hair out.

He says "you got to go" in The Show a few times, if I recall.

I can't imagine anyone stating the obvious moreso that Madden.

I'd would rather hear Rex Hudler on MLB 2006, At least he does not bitch like Dave Campbell. If I hear him say THAT PITCH IS RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE 1 more time, I'll takes my chance with 2K7 next year.

As for Tim Salmon, I'll be at the game tomorrow and I hope that before the game that the Angels will retired his number 15 on opening day next season. (bow)

Archived