Which minor league has the best logos

hecticbro

We often find minor leagues that are full of awful logos, goofy ones, rip-offs, out-dated looks and the like, but there are a few leagues with pretty sharp looks all around. What do you think they are?

I think there are quite a few good logos in the AHL. http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?l=2 But there's also a lot of bad ones.

The WHL is sharper now too, especially with Saskatoon and Swift Current's updates. http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?l=11

I actually think the NDBL looks all right as a whole, though the team names are dumb. http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?l=17

Amongst North America's minor professional sports leagues, I believe that the logos of the Golden Baseball League's member-franchises are - top to bottom - the strongest collection of marks. The work of Joe Bosack and Dan Simon on behalf of the GBL teams has been outstanding. I'm eagerly awaiting the unveiling of the St. George Roadrunners' logo to see how it measures up to the rest of the league.

I'm also impressed with what I've seen from the South Coast League, thus far. I feel that the identities of the Bradenton Juice, Charlotte County Redfish and Macon Music are all solid, locally-relevant choices. Further, I think that the design work that Francis Santaquilani has done for the teams is to be commended. While some of the identities that were revealed as finalists in the Aiken franchise's "Name the Team" contest managed to leave me cold, I thought that all of the logos were very well-designed. I think that the logos for either of the reported front-runners in Aiken - the FoxHounds and Blueticks - would be welcome additions to the SCL's line-up of team logos. If the logos of the remaining SCL clubs are up to the standard of those I've seen so far, the league will - in my opinion - challenge the GBL for the top spot amongst minor-league sports logos.

I would agree with the sentiment here. The GBL has top notch logos all the way through, and the South Coast League is making a serious run at it, which I think could take the top spot in my opinion, but that's because Santaquilani is my favorite sports designer, with Bosack a very, very close second.

I hope to be at the level of these designers one day, because they are so good at their craft, it sparks my creativity everytime I see work displayed by them.

IMO, the IL is the best. You have the Columbus Clippers, Toledo MudHens, Charlotte Knights, Durham Bulls, heck, even my R-Braves have a decent logo, with the script in the diamond, like their stadium, The Diamond. Those logos are tough to top.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

Archived