Predators comment on new form fitting jerseys

uniguy22

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=52915

Preds don new look at Tuesday practice

By Mark McGee, Sports Correspondent

October 25, 2006

The Nashville Predators went through a rigorous practice session, but much of the interest was on fashion instead of the style of play on the ice.

The Predators worked out Tuesday morning in new jerseys, which will be used next season. Developed by Reebok, the new jerseys are tighter than the old style and not quite as long. Socks are also different, with a new longer style featured.

The general consensus from players was that the sweaters aren?t that much different, though they are tighter in the shoulder areas and more form fitting. Some players complained the socks were too tight. Reebok representatives were on hand asking questions after the workout was completed.

?Jerseys haven?t changed in hockey for more than 20 years,? said Predators coach Barry Trotz. ?The new jerseys are a little more streamlined. They are made of the latest, high-tech material. They look a little bit different, but not drastically different.?

TSN showed some highlights of the practice. They were just wearing practice jerseys like red and black, not the actual jerseys from next season.

Well these new jerseys will, long term, kill some of their market. I'm a fat dude from Jersey and I wouldn't be caught dead in "form fitting." As it is now, I own quite a few jerseys (many outside of my favorite team, the Flyers). Oh well. Nothing one person can really do about it.

The Reebok jerseys were worn by quite a few teams during the last Winter Olympics and they looked absolutely terrible.

I've seen these Reebok jerseys in person, as I was looking at a Team Canada jersey at the time..... for one, they look and feel cheap, and two, they're FUGLY! I think the NHL will see a huge dip in sales if they do this for all teams.

The Reebok jerseys were worn by quite a few teams during the last Winter Olympics and they looked absolutely terrible.

I've seen these Reebok jerseys in person, as I was looking at a Team Canada jersey at the time..... for one, they look and feel cheap, and two, they're FUGLY! I think the NHL will see a huge dip in sales if they do this for all teams.

Reebok is not Nike. Nike did the swift jerseys. Can someone please sticky a thread in this forum titled "Reebok did not do the Olympic jerseys!"?

Well these new jerseys will, long term, kill some of their market. I'm a fat dude from Jersey and I wouldn't be caught dead in "form fitting." As it is now, I own quite a few jerseys (many outside of my favorite team, the Flyers). Oh well. Nothing one person can really do about it.

The Hockey Jersey....the moo moo of the athletic jersey world

Archived