Blue Jays Concept

Nick 1733

Okay, I'm doing a new logo for my Arena Football fantasy team named the Rocky Mountain Blue Jays.

Here's what I've got so far, and clearly it's not done yet.

Now here's what I'm having trouble with...

-First the tail, I don't quite know what to do with it, any suggestions will help.

-Second, where the wing meets the head, I don't know exactly how to execute it properly.

-Third, detail in the body/inner wing. Don't know what I should put in there.

I can't find a good picture of a Blue Jay to use a reference.

BlueJay02.jpg

Now before certain things are asked, here's some answers...

The wing is just the right side wing. The two feathers on the front/top are the ones that fold down on top of the wing, they aren't part of the left wing.

The bump on the bottom is so I remember where to put the leg/foot.

Any C & C is greatly appriciated.

Well, I have pleanty of photos of Blue Jays, I just don't have ones that help with this view of the bird.

Well, I have pleanty of photos of Blue Jays, I just don't have ones that help with this view of the bird.

ive seen blue jays up close to be honest that under the wing is just grey and black

ive seen blue jays up close to be honest that under the wing is just grey and black

So thats where the 'Jays got it!

FYI, Blue Jays have a crest of feathers on their heads. Maybe you could incorporate that into your design.

He's well aware of that if you look at his sig with his team's old logo. If you notice that the crest portion flows into the wing is it there, but behind the wing.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

FYI, Blue Jays have a crest of feathers on their heads. Maybe you could incorporate that into your design.

He's well aware of that if you look at his sig with his team's old logo. If you notice that the crest portion flows into the wing is it there, but behind the wing.

Thank you.

BTW, that's the team's new primary logo, which is why the head detail is so similar. Just trying to put together an alternate logo.

On what part of the uniform would you use this logo? It's a bit busy to be the helmet decal. Or is it just a logo that is to be used for team identity?

what you have here is definatley good art, but im not sure it represents the Blue Jays all too well.

i'd say if you added a good wordmark to below the bird you'd have a good primary logo.

On what part of the uniform would you use this logo? It's a bit busy to be the helmet decal. Or is it just a logo that is to be used for team identity?

what you have here is definatley good art, but im not sure it represents the Blue Jays all too well.

i'd say if you added a good wordmark to below the bird you'd have a good primary logo.

Keep in mind this is for my WAFL (Arena) Rocky Mountain Blue Jays, not the MLB Toronto Blue Jays.

Keep in mind this is for my WAFL (Arena) Rocky Mountain Blue Jays, not the MLB Toronto Blue Jays.

Send it to Toronto anyway. They need it more than your team. :P

Can't see the sigs when they are not turned on.

nhlvdetroit2kb7.pngnhlvdetroit1dx1.png

Archived