Patriots switching to Field Turf

duma

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat's new turf sure looked fluffier and more grass like than most other synthetics.

I wonder if teams can custom order length of the blades in order to create a surface they find more favorable.

I'm thinking the reason it looks fluffy right now is because its so new and the infill hasnt had a chance to settle down.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

So in essence, if the Heated coils are indeed removed, that means we will see more games on white football fields like 2001's "Tuck game." Now that, I like!

That's what we saw in last night's Seattle game.

did you notice in the Monday night game the gunk that accumulated on a players helmet if they dove headfirst into the ground? i was thinking "how is this possible on a fake grass field"? i guess it was a collection of the infill mixed with melted snow. it didnt stain the uniform, but it got all over the helmet. it was wierd to see, given that they were playing on turf and that stuff isnt supposed to happen on turf.

Chicago and Green Bay have one element missing - they don't have to share the stadium with another team as is the case in Pittsburgh and New England (soccer), so the turf doesn't take as much of a beating.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Chicago and Green Bay have one element missing - they don't have to share the stadium with another team as is the case in Pittsburgh and New England (soccer), so the turf doesn't take as much of a beating.

That won't be the case for New England for too much longer. The Revolution are in the midst of planning their new soccer only home. Tough luck Pittsburgh!

Archived