Morneau wins AL MVP

officeglenn

thats utter bullcrap that morneau won! :cursingDerek Jeter was robbed! Derek Jeter, David Ortiz, Jermaine Dye, and possibly Johan Santana desrved it more than Morneau

Uh...no they didn't apparently. Please shut the :cursing: up.

I obviously wanted Jeter to win, but anyone who wasn't playing in a Boston uniform is fine with me. Morneau really did deserve it more and it does feel kind of good to see the small team get their due.

Congratulations to Justin Morneau :flagcanada:.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

As a Twins fan I think this is pretty cool. It's pretty rare that a team has Cy Young, batting champ and MVP in the same season.

That said, I'd have voted for Jeter. I think he's the MVP every year. But this was a tight race. Three or four deserving guys. Morneau was definately the "Post June 7 MVP."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That said, I'd have voted for Jeter. I think he's the MVP every year.

So you are either

1) a Yankees fan

2) a sportswriter

3) a girl

No, no and no.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The more I think about this, Morneu getting the MVP could do more harm to the Twins than help.

He's up for salary arbitration and a big payday. But the Twins historically have been reluctant to pay out big-time salaries. I can't see how they wouldn't in this case, but it could hamper their efforts at throwing money at their other weaknesses. To me, that's starting pitching, especially with Radke done and Liriano out for a year.

Still, I'm glad he won it. You just never think of the money part of it all when the news first hits.

Archived