Tennesse Titians color question....

seahawk9

Is the current shade of Columbia Blue (Titians Blue) actually slightly darker than was used when they were the Houston Oilers back in 1975-1980 ? I used to be a Oilers fan back then as its seems the shade of Blue was a little lighter than what is used today. Photos of Dan Pastorini, Billy Johnson, etc, the color looks lighter.

Titian is usually used to describe reddish-brown hair (think Lindsay Lohan without the peroxide dye job), not a shade of blue. And it is pronounced "TISH-un", not "TIT-ee-un". :P

That being said, I would suggest you check out Pantone's database to compare the two shades of blue that you have in mind.

www.ssur.org

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

And according to that site, it looks like about the same color.

It's exactly the same color. At least since the 1975 season or so. Believe it or not, the original "Columbia Blue" (from 1960 through 1974) was actually referred to as "Silver-Blue". It had a lot more Gray in it.

...also, when I'm making statements like - "it's the exact same color" - I'm usually referring to the colors in print. Fabrics are matched up to the print (or Solid/Spot) colors, and the matching process is not an exact science.

amazing how much darker a color looks when it touches dark navy blue, rather than red and white...

but it's true. i blame the secondary colors more than materials... but i'm also a firm believer that secondary colors and tertiary colors are what shape the way we view uniforms.

amazing how much darker a color looks when it touches dark navy blue, rather than red and white...

but it's true. i blame the secondary colors more than materials... but i'm also a firm believer that secondary colors and tertiary colors are what shape the way we view uniforms.

Good point.

Here's a color comparison...let's see if it DOES look different:

HoustonOilers_FRC_1996_SOL.jpg

TennesseeTitans_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Archived