one change

random_ax

If you could change the name and/or logo of ANY team in the Big Four (you know, Bull Riding, Tether Ball, roller derby and Donkey Basketball)...no,NBA,MLB,NHL or NFL .....What name and/or logo would it be. Now, I went on record as laothing the Chicago Wishbone C ..and I'm a diehard Bears fan, lived here all my life...but I think that if the Bears were introduced today as an expansion team...and fans were presented with two options...the wishbone C in all its glory ...or the familiar growling Bear (that dates back to at least 1949), do you really think that the C would be chosen over a graphic depiction???

Anyway, I have also railed against the hoirrid Minnesota Viking helmet...because as a viking descendant, I know that NO VIKING EVER WORE HORNS ON THEIR HELMETS!!!!!!!!

But the logo I can't take is the Cleveland Indians logo. I'm not a big supporter of the movement to ban Indian logos. I like the Redskins and feel that Indian logos, for the most part, are tributes to the Indians rather than insults....but c'mon, that Chief Wahoo logo is really bad!!!!!!!

I gotta agree. Although I never liked the original either.

Always thought that the look should be fiercer....even though I'm in the suburbs of Chicago, we DO have coyotes here and they are kind of scary looking. Even though some of the logos I'm showing here are for wolves too.... I think the look would've been better for a pro hockey team.

http://eteamz.active.com/AWYBC/images/WOLFPACK_logo.gif

http://www.acsevents.org/AccountTempFiles/...ages/wolves.jpg

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/300W/images3.d...leBoBleBink.jpg

http://content.9squared.com/media/graphics/26222.gif

you just quoted yourself and agreed with what you said. thats weird.

Replied to the wrong posting...LOL

I'm torn between the Redskins name and Chief Wahoo. But I think I'll lean towards the Redskins just because the re-branding of the team would put a big dent in Daniel Snyder's profit margin.

How would all new stuff for fans to buy make Snyder's wallet get thin?If anything, that would just make him richer. :wacko:

Is this topic designed to make the old school fan's head explode? Asking me to pick just one team I would change is asking me an impossible question. So many horrible uniforms and so little time. :D But in the spirit of the topic the uniform change at the top of my extremely long list would be this...

I'd put the Vikings back in their darker purple uniforms of the 60's and 70's as part of their move to their new outdoor stadium. Those unis were timeless classics.

BB52Big.jpg

If forced to pick just one, I'd have to say the Calgary Flames red jresey.

Their logo is a flaming "C". Flames are supposed to be HOT.

Black is the coldest color of all. Dead. Lifeless. The black flames on the red look like I'm viewing a negative piece of film.

Flames should be a hot color. A white hot color - like white with yellow and black trim (or black and yellow trim). Like their red jerseys were in 99-00.

Just look at the front end of any hot rod car with flames. They start out "white hot" on the nose and then fade to yellow and then orange and red.

Black flames just ain't right.

I agree. I have always hated the Flames wearing black.I would love it if they could go back to the old colors. The black C looks weird to me on the red jersey and there should be no black what so ever on a Flames jersey

logo2.jpg

Its not the logo that ruins the jersey for me but the ugly striping. The buffaslug would look better on a normal jersey

MLB

Astros: go back to their 1997-99 kits.

Twins: use the 1965 home unis (w/o names)

A's: use the 1981 Billyball buttoned-down, belted white jerseys with cap script for an alternate.

Brewers: put Milwaukee on roads

Orioles: put Baltimore on roads

NHL

Sabres: go back to their French Connection-era jerseys

NBA

Bulls: use the MJ Rookie Road jerseys and the 1996 Black jerseys.

Portland: use 1989-90 kits with 1984 red alt (don't forget arched names).

San Antonio: put San Antonio on roads and add silver alts from late 70's.

Utah: put alt scripts on all unis

Milwaukee: put Milwaukee on roads

Is this topic designed to make the old school fan's head explode? Asking me to pick just one team I would change is asking me an impossible question. So many horrible uniforms and so little time. :D But in the spirit of the topic the uniform change at the top of my extremely long list would be this...

I'd put the Vikings back in their darker purple uniforms of the 60's and 70's as part of their move to their new outdoor stadium. Those unis were timeless classics.

The Vikings are in a different purple than bak in the '60s? Never knew that. On my TV, they almost always show up as blue anyway unless they are on Monday Night Football and for some reason the purple comes thru.

Archived