one change

random_ax

If you could change the name and/or logo of ANY team in the Big Four (you know, Bull Riding, Tether Ball, roller derby and Donkey Basketball)...no,NBA,MLB,NHL or NFL .....What name and/or logo would it be. Now, I went on record as laothing the Chicago Wishbone C ..and I'm a diehard Bears fan, lived here all my life...but I think that if the Bears were introduced today as an expansion team...and fans were presented with two options...the wishbone C in all its glory ...or the familiar growling Bear (that dates back to at least 1949), do you really think that the C would be chosen over a graphic depiction???

Anyway, I have also railed against the hoirrid Minnesota Viking helmet...because as a viking descendant, I know that NO VIKING EVER WORE HORNS ON THEIR HELMETS!!!!!!!!

But the logo I can't take is the Cleveland Indians logo. I'm not a big supporter of the movement to ban Indian logos. I like the Redskins and feel that Indian logos, for the most part, are tributes to the Indians rather than insults....but c'mon, that Chief Wahoo logo is really bad!!!!!!!

If forced to pick just one, I'd have to say the Calgary Flames red jresey.

Their logo is a flaming "C". Flames are supposed to be HOT.

Black is the coldest color of all. Dead. Lifeless. The black flames on the red look like I'm viewing a negative piece of film.

Flames should be a hot color. A white hot color - like white with yellow and black trim (or black and yellow trim). Like their red jerseys were in 99-00.

Just look at the front end of any hot rod car with flames. They start out "white hot" on the nose and then fade to yellow and then orange and red.

Black flames just ain't right.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If forced to pick just one, I'd have to say the Calgary Flames red jresey.

Their logo is a flaming "C". Flames are supposed to be HOT.

Black is the coldest color of all. Dead. Lifeless. The black flames on the red look like I'm viewing a negative piece of film.

Flames should be a hot color. A white hot color - like white with yellow and black trim (or black and yellow trim). Like their red jerseys were in 99-00.

Just look at the front end of any hot rod car with flames. They start out "white hot" on the nose and then fade to yellow and then orange and red.

Black flames just ain't right.

I thought flames were supposed to fade from yellow to green?

helmet2.jpg

If you could change the name and/or logo of ANY team in the Big Four (you know, Bull Riding, Tether Ball, roller derby and Donkey Basketball)...no,NBA,MLB,NHL or NFL .....What name and/or logo would it be. Now, I went on record as laothing the Chicago Wishbone C ..and I'm a diehard Bears fan, lived here all my life...but I think that if the Bears were introduced today as an expansion team...and fans were presented with two options...the wishbone C in all its glory ...or the familiar growling Bear (that dates back to at least 1949), do you really think that the C would be chosen over a graphic depiction???

Anyway, I have also railed against the hoirrid Minnesota Viking helmet...because as a viking descendant, I know that NO VIKING EVER WORE HORNS ON THEIR HELMETS!!!!!!!!

But the logo I can't take is the Cleveland Indians logo. I'm not a big supporter of the movement to ban Indian logos. I like the Redskins and feel that Indian logos, for the most part, are tributes to the Indians rather than insults....but c'mon, that Chief Wahoo logo is really bad!!!!!!!

I gotta agree. Although I never liked the original either.

Always thought that the look should be fiercer....even though I'm in the suburbs of Chicago, we DO have coyotes here and they are kind of scary looking. Even though some of the logos I'm showing here are for wolves too.... I think the look would've been better for a pro hockey team.

http://eteamz.active.com/AWYBC/images/WOLFPACK_logo.gif

http://www.acsevents.org/AccountTempFiles/...ages/wolves.jpg

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/300W/images3.d...leBoBleBink.jpg

http://content.9squared.com/media/graphics/26222.gif

I would like to bring back the creamsicle bucs. I also agree that I'd rather get rid of the vikings horn helmet. I'd give the T-Wolves an overhaul. I'd put the "Jazz" script (from the alt) on all the Jazz uniforms. I'd kill the buffaslug...

But if I could only do one thing--I'd dump the boring and overdone black and red and go back to the beautiful, the unique...I'd bring back the Christmas Devils.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFL - 49ers. There was a time during the Jim Druckenmiller era (remember that guy?) when the Niners wore white game pants Home & Away. I always liked that look &wish they would bring it back....a shout out to the '94 Throwbacks & with a modern twist.

MLB - I never understood why the Astros got rid of the Navy & Gold unis. I'd love it if they'd go back to those colors, but with the current font on the unis.

NBA - The day the Sonics went back to the old style uni, I was a happy man.

NHL - I liked the updated Islanders logo, they just needed to make the Gorton's Fisherman look a bit meaner.

I wish the Bills would wear their uniforms as they were intended. It would be an immediate change for the better. And lose the additional nickel on the pant stripe.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I wish the Bills would wear their uniforms as they were intended. It would be an immediate change for the better. And lose the additional nickel on the pant stripe.

I dont believe it...we agree on something..there is hope afterall!!

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

I gotta agree. Although I never liked the original either.

Always thought that the look should be fiercer....even though I'm in the suburbs of Chicago, we DO have coyotes here and they are kind of scary looking. Even though some of the logos I'm showing here are for wolves too.... I think the look would've been better for a pro hockey team.

http://eteamz.active.com/AWYBC/images/WOLFPACK_logo.gif

http://www.acsevents.org/AccountTempFiles/...ages/wolves.jpg

http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/300W/images3.d...leBoBleBink.jpg

http://content.9squared.com/media/graphics/26222.gif

you just quoted yourself and agreed with what you said. thats weird.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived