CFL Ottawa

random_ax

So, there's a guy really pushing to have pro football remain in Ottawa...and with the Ottawa Renegades folding (their logo looked like a creepy flasher on a kids' playground) he wants to call the new tram...the Ottawa Steelback...not steelbacks..but Steelback...singular...HATE singular names..... and what IS a steelback? I know it's the name of the Beer company of the guy who wants the new team...but Steelback? Does that excite ANYONE??????Even if it were the Ottawa Steelbacks?

The Ottawa Rough Riders...or is that Roughriders...had a cool logo at least..... in fact most of the CFL teams, in my opinion, have lame or unimaginative logos. The NFL subsidizes the CFL with about a million dollars (American) a year....can't the NFL help the CFL with some new logos? Does anyyone think the CFL has great logos?

Ottawa Owls, Ottawa Elks, Ottawa Otters (okay, that was my choice for the MLB team rather than Senators) or some kind of cool name...even Ottawa Mammoths....but Steelback...STEELBACK????????

Any Canucks on here have an opinion? And while we're at it...would you Canadians like to see the CFL fold and have the NFL attempt to get a franchise in Toronto...and would you like that team to be called the Argonauts...with a much better logo.......

This is actually pretty old news. The guy you"re talking about, Frank D'Angelo is his name by the way, has decided that he wants to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins now. He says having Steelback in Steeltown would be perfect.

So, there's a guy really pushing to have pro football remain in Ottawa...and with the Ottawa Renegades folding (their logo looked like a creepy flasher on a kids' playground) he wants to call the new tram...the Ottawa Steelback...not steelbacks..but Steelback...singular...HATE singular names..... and what IS a steelback? I know it's the name of the Beer company of the guy who wants the new team...but Steelback? Does that excite ANYONE??????Even if it were the Ottawa Steelbacks?

The Ottawa Rough Riders...or is that Roughriders...had a cool logo at least..... in fact most of the CFL teams, in my opinion, have lame or unimaginative logos. The NFL subsidizes the CFL with about a million dollars (American) a year....can't the NFL help the CFL with some new logos? Does anyyone think the CFL has great logos?

Ottawa Owls, Ottawa Elks, Ottawa Otters (okay, that was my choice for the MLB team rather than Senators) or some kind of cool name...even Ottawa Mammoths....but Steelback...STEELBACK????????

Any Canucks on here have an opinion? And while we're at it...would you Canadians like to see the CFL fold and have the NFL attempt to get a franchise in Toronto...and would you like that team to be called the Argonauts...with a much better logo.......

You can rest easy on the "singular" names for teams, because there won't be a team called the Ottawa Steelback. At least not now anyway. There is a group headed by Bill Palmer (father of Als' quarterback Jesse Palmer) that is not only the leading candidate to get the franchise, but the only one, but they are looking into buying the rights to the Rough Riders' name from the initial team's last owner Horn Chen, who was really a ghost owner, seeing that he has never even practically seen a CFL game. Here's the link to the story: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=187643&hubname=cfl

The CFL will still be around, as long as the NFL has got its back, meaning the NFL expanding to Canada will not be an option. Personally, if the NFL did expand to Canada, I feel Montreal should be included. They just have to fix up Olympic Stadium. But like I said, the NFL will not be going North anytime soon.

This is actually pretty old news. The guy you"re talking about, Frank D'Angelo is his name by the way, has decided that he wants to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins now. He says having Steelback in Steeltown would be perfect.

If the CFL wouldn't let him in the club for lack of funds, he ain't buying the Penguins.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Isn't this just a guy trying to get more P.R. for his piss beer? I saw ads for Steelback while in Toronto, and it looks like it's marketed to the FHM crowd who doesn't know any better.

I'll give the guy credit where it's due, though. For a team that's never gonna happen, he cranked out a mighty fine uniform. I'd buy it.

Ottawa Steelback

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Isn't this just a guy trying to get more P.R. for his piss beer? I saw ads for Steelback while in Toronto, and it looks like it's marketed to the FHM crowd who doesn't know any better.

I'll give the guy credit where it's due, though. For a team that's never gonna happen, he cranked out a mighty fine uniform. I'd buy it.

Ottawa Steelback

yah nice uni, but old old news! as Lamicus said there is no way in hell he's buying the pens if he can't afford a CFl franchsie which i believe cost $3 million.

untitled-6.jpg

Don't forget about Ottawa Renegades!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Don't forget about Ottawa Renegades!

I'm trying to forget them and that BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD logo

Steelback is the name of the beer brand he owns. Hence the name.

I know it's the name of his beer. But what IS a steelback? A steelhead is a fish...but how did the beer come to be known as STEELBACK??? And yes, I get that he's trying to promote the beer...the Chicago Bears were called the Decatur Staleys when they were initiated by Mr Staley who owned Staley Starch...and the Packers came from Acme Packing and Indian Packing companies...... but the name does not lend itself to a logo...one that depicts SOMETHING!!! The CFL already has a lot of lame logos that badly need updating...STEELBACKS is a horrbiel name..worst idea for a pro football name since Memphis Hound Dogs.

Below are STEELHEAD logos...and even they are no better than AAA baseball or minor lrage hockey logos. The NFL has the best logos and names (on average) of any pro league (in my opinion) and the CFL should strive to amtch it. I don't see that much wrong with the names of the CFL teams (okay the Alouettes was inane) but the logos are poor except for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. All the rest could be improved on.

Steelhead logos

http://smitherssteelheads.com/images/Templ...header_logo.png

http://www.chwcms.com/rad/images/hotels/ME...lheads-logo.gif

Archived