Another Aussie about to make it big in the NFL

Alphabet Man

I personally think that this sport would take off in America if given the right platform.

I can't agree with you more. There is a large gap in the summer where the only good sport to watch is baseball.

I wished they would show AFL live in North America. With the time difference, games are usually on around midnight in the Eastern Time Zone or Pacific Time Zone would be around 9pm. It would be the perfect time to do a half an hour of Sportscentre/er and then show a game. Only problem with that is who, other than fans, would stay up to midnight to watch a sport they might have an interest in. Right now Rogers Sportsnet shows tape delayed games a few hors after they're complete.

Unfortunately, I do see any more games on Sportsnet's schedule, this week or next so I guess we enjoyed it while it lasted. I thought the Saturday time slot, tape delayed was fine. It sure eliminated much of the never-ending Connected morning loop. If you notice, Sportsnet gets its games from Setanta sports which has just recently launched in Canada and they did start showing games prior to the launch (around round 14, around July).

I saw, I came, I left.

Ft Lauderdale or whatever its called in Florida, is building a couple of ovals (amongst soccer/gridiron fields), one to hold 25K including standing room on the outer side is my guess, for cricket and US Footy is looking to move in there.

I think I read somewhere that the next US Footy Nationals tournament is at an Air Force Base/Uni (not sure) in Colorado somewhere.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Speaking of God's greatest sporting gift to mankind (yes... footy), my beloved Kangaroos took it squarely on the chin this weekend. Geelong owned us from start to finish en route to scoring a 156-50 win... the fifth-largest margin of victory in AFL Finals history. Awful... just awful.

I've also heard that forward Corey Jones is on crutches, which likely means he's out for our semi-final versus Hawthorne.

It would appear that the 'Roos Cinderella season could soon be coming to a close.

Speaking of God's greatest sporting gift to mankind (yes... footy), my beloved Kangaroos took it squarely on the chin this weekend. Geelong owned us from start to finish en route to scoring a 156-50 win... the fifth-largest margin of victory in AFL Finals history. Awful... just awful.

I've also heard that forward Corey Jones is on crutches, which likely means he's out for our semi-final versus Hawthorne.

It would appear that the 'Roos Cinderella season could soon be coming to a close.

Taking it on the chin. Gee, you're polite.

People Down here are less polite in regard to the part of the anatomy they use for the analogy of how the 'Roos fared.

(Wrecked 'em. Say it quickly 5 times, you'll know where I mean.)

Corey Jones might well have been on crutches, but he was last week too.

He's playing with an injury, and it's not serving him or the team well.

As for losing big in finals, North own 3 of the 5 biggest finals defeats ever, so they're obviously experienced in these things.

My Bombers beat them by 125 (198-73) a few years ago, and Melbourne beat them by 118 (158-40) in 1987.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Taking it on the chin. Gee, you're polite.

People Down here are less polite in regard to the part of the anatomy they use for the analogy of how the 'Roos fared.

(Wrecked 'em. Say it quickly 5 times, you'll know where I mean.)

Corey Jones might well have been on crutches, but he was last week too.

He's playing with an injury, and it's not serving him or the team well.

As for losing big in finals, North own 3 of the 5 biggest finals defeats ever, so they're obviously experienced in these things.

My Bombers beat them by 125 (198-73) a few years ago, and Melbourne beat them by 118 (158-40) in 1987.

That was the qualifying final in 2000. Lloyd kicked his 100th goal of the season in that game.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_matc...istics?mid=1278

I saw, I came, I left.

I went to that game last night. North weren't really challenged. When the Hawks got anywhere near them, the Hawks kept turning the ball over.

Edwards took a great hanger in the first quarter, that one will be replayed for years to come. My brother being a Hawthorn supporter kept going on about the umpires, but Hawthorn at one stage late in the last quarter had 17 scoring shots - the same as North. North kicked 10.7 to Hawks 7.10. Basically, when you've got an opportunity, you have to take it with both hands and kick those goals.

I can't agree with you more. There is a large gap in the summer where the only good sport to watch is baseball.

I wished they would show AFL live in North America. With the time difference, games are usually on around midnight in the Eastern Time Zone or Pacific Time Zone would be around 9pm. It would be the perfect time to do a half an hour of Sportscentre/er and then show a game. Only problem with that is who, other than fans, would stay up to midnight to watch a sport they might have an interest in. Right now Rogers Sportsnet shows tape delayed games a few hors after they're complete.

Setanta has the AFL on the Satellite TV Feed (I don't think ITVN has it, and I know that Setanta Broadband doesn't have it) live. Not sure that that info's of much assistance now that the season is virtually over. My late night Saturdays are usually reserved for NRL live on Setanta Broadband, but if they had the AFL, I'd give it a look if the Rugby match wasn't interesting.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

svKANGAROOS.jpg

Pity I can only find a pic of him on the way down. That grab was a beauty.

It sure was.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cUtvHAfaCy4

This is how we know it's the best spectator sport in the world.

The front page of the Sun's sports section has a great pic of it.

That was gotta be mark of the year.

svKANGAROOS.jpg

Pity I can only find a pic of him on the way down. That grab was a beauty.

It sure was.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cUtvHAfaCy4

This is how we know it's the best spectator sport in the world.

The front page of the Sun's sports section has a great pic of it.

That was gotta be mark of the year.

Well, this one is still the one to beat.

But still not as good as this from 6 years ago.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived