Anybody know what combo the Saints will wear?

In 5..4..3..2..1

I see that censorship applies here.................everything I said about New Orleans was true. Heat? Humidity? Filthy? Corrupt government? Crime? Name one thing that isn't true!!!!!

The definition of "censorship" is not "ignoring trolls" so no, there's none of that here. But just for fun, let's go point-by-point:

Heat and humidity? Damn, you got me. New Orleans does indeed have a climate and sometimes it is indeed uncomfortable. You know, just like everywhere else on Earth?

Filthy? Yes, having 8 to 20 feet of Mississippi River/Lake Pontchartrain floodwaters in your city can cause a few issues of that kind. But again, that's not unique to New Orleans. As just one example. have you ever seen a northern city at the end of winter? They all look like they need a good steam-cleaning.

Corrupt government? Sadly, in many documented cases, true. One of the things I despise about any government entity is incompetence or corruption.

Crime? True again, but why don't you take a walk through East L.A., parts of Detroit, or East St. Louis, IL and if you make it back, we'll talk. My point is that there is crime all over and the reasons it is flourishing in New Orleans right now are unusual and complex.

You've focused on the negative. Maybe that's your nature, so I won't waste time or keystrokes trying to enlighten you about the city's cuisine, architecture, history, culture, or kind-hearted people who, BTW, do NOT say "N' Awlins" despite how many ignorant celebrities say that trying to sound "local." I won't try to convince you that the city has supported the Saints heart and soul ever since a sunny day in Tulane Stadium back in 1967 when a rookie named John Gilliam did this the very first time the Saints touched the ball in a regular season game. An old joke says it's all been downhill from there but not really.

Sidebar - check out the awesome Saints unis and midfield/end zone logos in that clip.

There are many things I myself dislike about New Orleans. But I'm proud to be a Saints fan, proud to call the city home, and deeply saddened by what Katrina has done to the entire region.

Rant on. You're not going to change any of that.

Blame Katrina all you want...New Orleans was in rough shape well before my friend. I lived there for nearly 20 years and thank god I went away for school and never came back.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that censorship applies here.................everything I said about New Orleans was true. Heat? Humidity? Filthy? Corrupt government? Crime? Name one thing that isn't true!!!!!

wow, i see this thread quickly going to the graveyard. Besides, just because something is true, doesnt mean it needs to be posted. (and no, I am NOT agreeing with what you are saying about N.O. there)

You could have phrased it more politely than you actually did. BTW wilson...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070118/ts_csm/anolacrime

I could say something incredibly negative here, but I'm not going to.

Dont get me wrong, I understrand NO has its problems, every major city does. That doesnt mean it needs to be brought up in a "what uniform are they gonna wear" thread. Totally inapropriate.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Wow, I agree with the last post - totally inappropriate discussion for this "what uniform..." thread!

I hope the Bears wear the all-blue monochrome monstrosity they wore against the Packers in the last regular season game (though they won't - although they may opt for white jerseys and navy pants).

I hope the Saints go with gold pants, not black!

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!

wow, i see this thread quickly going to the graveyard. Besides, just because something is true, doesnt mean it needs to be posted. (and no, I am NOT agreeing with what you are saying about N.O. there)

You could have phrased it more politely than you actually did. BTW wilson...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070118/ts_csm/anolacrime

I could say something incredibly negative here, but I'm not going to.

Dont get me wrong, I understrand NO has its problems, every major city does. That doesnt mean it needs to be brought up in a "what uniform are they gonna wear" thread. Totally inapropriate.

Thank you Wilson,for being an intelligent voice of reason in this sea of stupidity...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

The only reason I posted it was that my post about the city was taken off. And for katrina being the reason that the city is a toilet, it was that way a LONG time before Katrina.

"Anybody know what combo the Saints will wear?" has NOTHING to do with your opinion about the city ,Barnboy.

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived