Anybody know what combo the Saints will wear?

In 5..4..3..2..1

Look it up on YouTube..............no doubt it was a catch.

*mod edit by joel_fiasco* user likes to make idiotic comments about other people's hometowns.

Oh stop, stop, you're hurting my feelings. :rolleyes:

OK gang, to pacify the troll let's have a little poll. :D

Should it have been ruled a fumble on the play where the Eagle DB jacked up Reggie Bush? (2nd play of the game)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched it again on YouTube. It is tough to tell exactly what point he "posessed" the ball, but it didn't look like he made a "football" move either way (I don't think natural momentum qualifies as a "football" move.)

That call seems consistent with how they've been calling those types of plays, I think I even saw one that was ruled a fumble get reversed. By "my" rules, that would be a fumble, but unfortunately we have to live with the NFL's rules.

In the bar full of rabid Eagles fans I was in, once the collective "oh snap" died down after the hit, only a very small group was yelling at the TV for them to challenge it. Mostly everyone didn't complain (maybe because it was so early in the game, but still.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now that we know it will be Saints-Bears for the NFC Championship Game, will the Saints wear all-white or white-gold at Soldier Field.

If they go all white, they might just blend into the blizzard for a tactical advantage (not that it would matter).

BEARSCH!

If the Saints beat the Bears and make it to SB41, I believe they'll be the home team. And if that's the case, I can just about BET that they go black-on-black.

Why?

Because in today's player-controlled NFL aesthetic guild, superstition overrules tradition.

(Reference last year's Steelers. And by that logic, it may not be the worst strategy for them...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Now that we know it will be Saints-Bears for the NFC Championship Game, will the Saints wear all-white or white-gold at Soldier Field.

BEARSCH!

My money is on White/Black since they seemed to have a fetish for black the last 5 games of the season, as well as the divisional game. Why break the consistency?

Besides - they've only worn all-white once in their history, during the '75 season - I don't forsee them breaking those out anytime soon.

sig1.gif

If the Saints beat the Bears and make it to SB41, I believe they'll be the home team. And if that's the case, I can just about BET that they go black-on-black.

Why?

Because in today's player-controlled NFL aesthetic guild, superstition overrules tradition.

Tradition? What tradition? The only tradition the Saints have had is of miserable football and very little success in the playoffs. If they beat the Bears, and get to wear the black jerseys with black pants in the Super Bowl, good for them. Plus, the monochromes have a very good record this year in the NFL.

They look better in black pants. (THE GOLD PANTS DON'T MATCH). The players should make the decision (instead of control-freaks like Nick Saban refusing to wear the aqua pants in Miami). Its their game.

Why?

Tradition? What tradition? The only tradition the Saints have had is of miserable football and very little success in the playoffs. If they beat the Bears, and get to wear the black jerseys with black pants in the Super Bowl, good for them. Plus, the monochromes have a very good record this year in the NFL.

They look better in black pants. (THE GOLD PANTS DON'T MATCH). The players should make the decision (instead of control-freaks like Nick Saban refusing to wear the aqua pants in Miami). Its their game.

Clarification...I meant aesthetic tradition. True, at one point in the (I believe) early '80s, the Saints actually had a pair of black pants with a gold/white/gold stripe, and even during Ditka's tenure, the Saints' black pants had a broad gold stripe. I just think it'd look better with some type of striping on there because, thought the Saints' football history may reek of futility, I don't think there's many who would disagree that, since their inception, the Saints have had one of the better uniform sets in the league, if not one of the all-time best...except for the mismatching golds. They fix that and, as Lil' Scappy and young Buck would say, it'd be "MONEY IN THE BANK"!

(Oh...and speaking of choosing uniforms, true, the uniforms are the visual representation of the team's identity, so yes, the players should have a say in how they look...but even more importantly than that, it's the people who support the team, i.e. the FANS, whose say so often gets left out. Let the FANS also have a say in how the team looks--after all, we all are the ones who are looking at these players play. But then, I guess by that logic, I've pretty much neutralized my original point, now didn't I? Okay, I'm retreating back into my hole now...back to concocting concepts I go!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Clarification...I meant aesthetic tradition. True, at one point in the (I believe) early '80s, the Saints actually had a pair of black pants with a gold/white/gold stripe, and even during Ditka's tenure, the Saints' black pants had a broad gold stripe. I just think it'd look better with some type of striping on there because, thought the Saints' football history may reek of futility, I don't think there's many who would disagree that, since their inception, the Saints have had one of the better uniform sets in the league, if not one of the all-time best...except for the mismatching golds. They fix that and, as Lil' Scappy and young Buck would say, it'd be "MONEY IN THE BANK"!

Yes they did have both style's of the pants that your mentioning! I ran across my player book from 2000 that they give to season ticket holders and inside they have pictures of Rickey Williams, wearing the set with just a solid gold stripe down the side and another of pic of Jeff Blake, wearing the ones with the gold / white / gold striped one's!

(Oh...and speaking of choosing uniforms, true, the uniforms are the visual representation of the team's identity, so yes, the players should have a say in how they look...but even more importantly than that, it's the people who support the team, i.e. the FANS, whose say so often gets left out. Let the FANS also have a say in how the team looks--after all, we all are the ones who are looking at these players play. But then, I guess by that logic, I've pretty much neutralized my original point, now didn't I? Okay, I'm retreating back into my hole now...back to concocting concepts I go!!!)

They actually did leave the choice up to the fans cause' I voted on their website for the black on black look.

My friend who works for the orginization said that they had been getting letters from fans requesting them and some of the newer players like Fujita, Shanlee and Hollis Thomas, wanted to wear them because it was something that they actually was looking forward to once they joined the team! I don't know if it does something to them to be in all black....maybe it makes them meaner or what but hey whatever gets us to the friggin' Superbowl, do it!!

I looked at the hit on Bush again and have to admit it was closer than I remembered, but under the rules it was definitely an incomplete pass. In slow mo it looks questionable but in real time there's no doubt he didn't have possession as defined by the NFL.

I looked at the hit on Bush again and have to admit it was closer than I remembered, but under the rules it was definitely an incomplete pass. In slow mo it looks questionable but in real time there's no doubt he didn't have possession as defined by the NFL.

What's it matter? It's a dead issue..the friggin' SAINTS are goin' to the NFC Championship! (Now I REALLY wish I was back in the westernmost tip of my native Florida Panhandle...)

Let me say that once more and gulp it down real good...THE SAINTS, folks...the SAINTS--are going to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

I for one hope they STEAMROLL the Bears! Now can someone tell me how a Saints/Colts SB41 would shape up? (First one to mention ANYTHING about the Jim Mora connection gets FLAMED!!!)

Yes I'm pulling for the Colts...I think they might just do it this time. They better...go DUNGY!!! (I've always liked him...and that was BEFORE he served as my team's head coach from '96-'01).

(THE GOLD PANTS DON'T MATCH).

And yet they still look better in the gold pants than the mime tights.

The players should make the decision (instead of control-freaks like Nick Saban refusing to wear the aqua pants in Miami). Its their game.

Actually, it's the fans' game, as pointed out.

I'd never give players the vote, if I could help it (that's how we got the Oregon Duck monstrosities, after all). If we were to give them a say, I'd designate as ineligible to vote any player who cuts his jersey into a wife-beater, given his questionable aesthetic sense.

I'd never give players the vote, if I could help it (that's how we got the Oregon Duck monstrosities, after all). If we were to give them a say, I'd designate as ineligible to vote any player who cuts his jersey into a wife-beater, given his questionable aesthetic sense.

Obvious reference to #1 offender Christopher Hovan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...

(First one to mention ANYTHING about the Jim Mora connection gets FLAMED!!!)

It should be ok, there's diddly-poo you can do with that connection anyway.

(ducks to avoid flaming)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

(ducks to avoid flaming)

That post sucked. It was a horse:censored: post...horse:censored:. You should be totally embarrassed, totally ashamed. It sucked. It stunk. You had to use "diddly poo."

Excuse me for paraphrasing the entire Mora rant, all in good fun of course... :D

(ducks to avoid flaming)

That post sucked. It was a horse:censored: post...horse:censored:. You should be totally embarrassed, totally ashamed. It sucked. It stunk. You had to use "diddly poo."

Excuse me for paraphrasing the entire Mora rant, all in good fun of course... :D

I don't care what you paraphrase, whether it's a high school coach, a junior college coach, a college coach, MUCH LESS an NFL coach when you forget 5 references 1 for a good laugh and 3 others to set up good laughs you ain't gonna make fun of anybody I just talked about. Anybody. Alright? And that was a disgraceful performance, in my opinion. You threw that joke, you threw it away by doing that. You gave 'em the frigging joke and in my opinion that sucked.

What's that? Comedy? Don't talk to me about comedy! Comedy! You kiddin' me? Comedy? I just hope you can make a joke!

(Ducks further flaming)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

(ducks to avoid flaming)

I don't care what you paraphrase, whether it's a high school coach, a junior college coach, a college coach, MUCH LESS an NFL coach when you forget 5 references 1 for a good laugh and 3 others to set up good laughs you ain't gonna make fun of anybody I just talked about. Anybody. Alright? And that was a disgraceful performance, in my opinion. You threw that joke, you threw it away by doing that. You gave 'em the frigging joke and in my opinion that sucked.

What's that? Comedy? Don't talk to me about comedy! Comedy! You kiddin' me? Comedy? I just hope you can make a joke!

(Ducks further flaming)

What in the world is I done started up in here?!

(Fun and laughs, that's what!)

Black pants :1976-1985 ,1999,2001-present....Moras teams never wore them and in Ditkas first two years and Hasletts first year they did not wear them...

The Saints also didn't wear the black pants from 2003-05. They brought back the gold pants with the black jerseys in 2002 after not wearing gold pants at all in 2001, but continued to wear black pants with the white jerseys for most of 2002. The white jerseys/gold pants look resurfaced in the last road game of the 2002 season at Cincinnati. And the black pants weren't worn at all from that point on until the 49ers game on Dec. 3, 2006.

Archived